Basel to Rhine Falls with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 17:16:02 #815454

Are the Rhine Falls in Switzerland? Can I get there from Basel with a Swiss travel pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    21 April 2018 at 17:44:03 #882863

Hi Walkfan! Yes, the Rhine Falls are in Switzerland. It takes about 1h30 from Basel by train and the journey will be covered by your Swiss Travel Pass. Please find more information on how to reach the Rhine Falls here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 23:37:00 #882864

Hi Annika,

As I may consider going Rhine Falls from Zurich, which station to alight would offer a better view of the Falls? ‘Neuhausen Rheinfall’ or ‘Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall’ on the other side of the river.

Thank you.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 April 2018 at 1:15:07 #882865

Hello May,

You can’t actually see the falls properly from either station. Both sides of the river offer different views.

Go to either station and do a circuit as described in Annika’s link. You can catch a boat or walk over the rail bridge. It is well worth wandering round to see the falls from a variety of angles. Allow a couple of hours to enjoy if properly.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2018 at 3:04:41 #882866

Thank you, Rockoyster.

Prior my message, I was wondering what is the red boundary line… it’s rail bridge for walking! Fantastic! Can walk half/full circuit if time/ weather permits.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 April 2018 at 3:15:09 #882867

Yes the red line shows the circuit I mentioned. You’ll find some photos of the Rhine Falls if you scroll down this page http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/the-reluctant-travellers-swiss-adventure-part-6.

• The thread ‘Basel to Rhine Falls with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.