Basel to Rhine Falls with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Walkfan
Walkfan
12 posts
Apr 21, 2018 - 5:16 PM

Are the Rhine Falls in Switzerland? Can I get there from Basel with a Swiss travel pass?

Annika
Annika
4993 posts
expert &
Apr 21, 2018 - 5:44 PM

Hi Walkfan! Yes, the Rhine Falls are in Switzerland. It takes about 1h30 from Basel by train and the journey will be covered by your Swiss Travel Pass. Please find more information on how to reach the Rhine Falls here.

MayT
MayT
46 posts
Apr 21, 2018 - 11:37 PM in reply to Annika

Hi Annika,

As I may consider going Rhine Falls from Zurich, which station to alight would offer a better view of the Falls? 'Neuhausen Rheinfall' or 'Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall' on the other side of the river.

Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4066 posts
expert
Apr 22, 2018 - 1:15 AM in reply to MayT

Hello May,

You can't actually see the falls properly from either station. Both sides of the river offer different views.

Go to either station and do a circuit as described in Annika's link. You can catch a boat or walk over the rail bridge. It is well worth wandering round to see the falls from a variety of angles. Allow a couple of hours to enjoy if properly.

Last modified on Apr 22, 2018 - 1:15 AM by rockoyster
MayT
MayT
46 posts
Apr 22, 2018 - 3:04 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you, Rockoyster.

Prior my message, I was wondering what is the red boundary line... it's rail bridge for walking! Fantastic! Can walk half/full circuit if time/ weather permits.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4066 posts
expert
Apr 22, 2018 - 3:15 AM in reply to MayT

Yes the red line shows the circuit I mentioned. You'll find some photos of the Rhine Falls if you scroll down this page www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/the-reluctant-travellers-swiss-adventure-part-6.

Last modified on Apr 22, 2018 - 3:16 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018