Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to sel

Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to sel

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
10765 posts
expert &
Nov 27, 2013 - 3:50 AM
Hi,

Please see this topic for the Rhine Fall. The Black Forest is in Germany, I don't know that much about it. Your Swiss Pass is not valid there. It would be a very short visit if you want to combine it with the falls.
taru1981
taru1981
13 posts
Nov 28, 2013 - 11:28 PM
I have done basic research and found following places which I would like to visit

1. Visit Rhine Falls from Zurich
2. Proceed towards Titisee-Neustadt/triberg area
3. stroll around Lake Titisee.
4. Visit forests of Lenzkirch.
5. Return back to Zurich

Request your suggestion to set right the schedule and still visit the most scenic part of Black forest and also enjoy the Rhine Falls.

I intend to leave early at around 8 or 8:30 in the morning from Zurich. Kindly also suggest Public transport for the correct travel schedule.
Arno
Arno
10765 posts
expert &
Nov 29, 2013 - 4:19 AM
Hi taru1981,

I don't know, sorry. That's in Germany and I am not familiar there. My guess would be that it can't be done easily in one day and without a car, but I hope someone else who reads this can share more details.
Wandermann
Wandermann
299 posts
top member
Nov 29, 2013 - 4:39 AM
Hello Taru1981,

The Rhinefalls are a magnificent place to be. It would be a good idea to take your time there.
Travelling from Schaffhausen to Titisee takes four changes of trains and the duration of this train trip is at least over two hours one way. In my opinion it would be too much to cover your plans in one day!
In general forum members here can give you information about Switzerland and not so much about surrounding countries.

Enjoy your upcoming stay in Switzerland!
taru1981
taru1981
13 posts
Dec 4, 2013 - 7:09 AM
The current price of 4 days swiss saver pass is 231 CHF, kindly confirm, what the price will be from 1st January onwards.

I will be travelling in April Next year.
Arno
Arno
10765 posts
expert &
Dec 4, 2013 - 8:44 AM
Hello taru1981,

Next year it will be CHF 245 per person. If you buy before December 31 you can get your pass for April for the current price. Please see this topic for details and where to buy.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018