Travel with a baby stroller on Swiss trains/buses

• Anacpoli2
    Participant
    5 posts
    30 August 2021 at 18:21:39 #826076

Hello!

Me, my husband and my 1,5 baby boy with be spending 15 day vacation on Switzerland moving around with Swiss Pass Flex. I wonder how easy – or difficult – it is to carry baby’s stroller inside trains/buses. Are there stairs/steps that can make a stroller a bad choice to carry our baby around?

thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    31 August 2021 at 5:00:45 #936398

Hi Anacpoli2,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Don’t worry, Swiss trains have a reputation for being stroller and wheelchair-friendly. There are low-floor (platform level) coaches on trains and buses to allow easy boarding for strollers and wheelchair users. On some trains, you can even find coaches designated for families with small kids (these are usually Intercity double decker trains). Train stations generally have ramps or lifts.

For more information about how train travel works: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel

Regards,

Anna

Rkghauri
    Participant
    26 posts
    31 August 2021 at 10:40:46 #936399

Hi Anacpoli2,

I travelled with my 4 year old with a stroller, and I don’t remember having any issues… it would be best if you choose a light weight stroller which can easily be fold and unfold would be great..

Best Regards

Anacpoli2
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 September 2021 at 17:36:23 #936400

Thank you Anna!

That’s what I wanted to know!

Regards,

Ana Carolina

Anacpoli2
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 September 2021 at 17:36:54 #936401

Thanks for the tip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2021 at 6:21:29 #936402

Hi Anacpoli2,

we used to have a big stroller and we usually tried to get the first chairs on the train, closest to the doors and we left our baby buggy in the beginning of the trains – at the entrance but making sure that it disturbed no one. It was never ever touched or stollen by anyone, but of course we did not leave any values (or child) in it. 🙂

For us, a baby carrier (on the back) was the best solution because hiking and walking were easier with it.

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Travel with a baby stroller on Swiss trains/buses’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.