Traveling from Geneva Airport to Montreux at night

Traveling from Geneva Airport to Montreux at night

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hutchael
Hutchael
2 posts
Mar 24, 2018 - 6:48 PM

Hello!

So I have booked a surprise holiday for my partner for his 30th and I am never any good at planning holidays or making decisions.

I just wanted to know how easy is it to get from Geneva Airport to Montreux? Our fight gets us in for 21:15 and I just wanted to make sure there were reliable trains at this time of night.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
Mar 24, 2018 - 7:46 PM in reply to Hutchael

Hi Hutchael and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It should be quite easy for you. Depending on the exact travel date and when you get yourselves to the Geneva airport train station you can possible get a direct train to Montreux - though most will require a change in Lausanne.

For details search for Geneva airport to Montreux on your travel date here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Hutchael
Hutchael
2 posts
Mar 24, 2018 - 11:09 PM

Thank you for your quick response.

The flight is on the 20th September and due to arrive 21:15.

Thank you for providing me with the website link, would suggest booking train tickets now or on arrival?

Also would you suggest travelling through the night or stopping in Geneva and travelling to Montreux the following day?

Sorry for all the questions!

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
Mar 25, 2018 - 8:32 AM in reply to Hutchael

Hi Hutchael,

It depends on what you are comfortable with - the trip is 1.5 hours to Montreux. If you are just buying tickets to Montreux then I would just buy them at the airport (it is about 18CHF).

If you are planning more trips around Switzerland while you are here I would strongly suggest looking at a rail pass instead.

Last modified on Mar 25, 2018 - 1:20 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018