Traveling from Geneva Airport to Montreux at night

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 18:48:22 #814930

Hello!

So I have booked a surprise holiday for my partner for his 30th and I am never any good at planning holidays or making decisions.

I just wanted to know how easy is it to get from Geneva Airport to Montreux? Our fight gets us in for 21:15 and I just wanted to make sure there were reliable trains at this time of night.

Thanks so much for any advice!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 19:46:54 #879684

Hi Hutchael and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It should be quite easy for you. Depending on the exact travel date and when you get yourselves to the Geneva airport train station you can possible get a direct train to Montreux – though most will require a change in Lausanne.

For details search for Geneva airport to Montreux on your travel date here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2018 at 23:09:32 #879685

Thank you for your quick response.

The flight is on the 20th September and due to arrive 21:15.

Thank you for providing me with the website link, would suggest booking train tickets now or on arrival?

Also would you suggest travelling through the night or stopping in Geneva and travelling to Montreux the following day?

Sorry for all the questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2018 at 8:32:52 #879686

Hi Hutchael,

It depends on what you are comfortable with – the trip is 1.5 hours to Montreux. If you are just buying tickets to Montreux then I would just buy them at the airport (it is about 18CHF).

If you are planning more trips around Switzerland while you are here I would strongly suggest looking at a rail pass instead.

• The thread ‘Traveling from Geneva Airport to Montreux at night’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.