Traveling from Zermatt to Zurich via Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 13:24:24 #811504

Hello. We have purchased Swiss Travel Passes for our upcoming trip to Switzerland in early June. We would like to know if it would be possible to travel from Zermatt to Jungfraujoch and then on to Zurich all in one day. Would there be enough time to enjoy Jungfraujoch with this itinerary? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 April 2017 at 14:19:39 #861992

Welcome to MySwissAlps MaryN!

Yes, this is possible in one (long) day. The timetable provides the train schedules.

Some tips for the best scenery:

• You can optionally take the route Zermatt – Brig – local train via Kandersteg to Spiez – Interlaken. Better scenery than the quicker route.
    • Be sure to do the full round trip, so via Wengen AND Grindelwald, not the same route up and down.
    • You can take the Golden Pass line to Lucerne and continue to Zurich from there.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 19:53:23 #861993

Thank you so much, Arno! I appreciate the information. I also very much enjoy reading the various posts from people, and it is helping me plan our trip. I will check out everything you sent to me. Thank you again!

• The thread ‘Traveling from Zermatt to Zurich via Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.