Saver Day Pass for Zurich to Grindelwald?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 14:05:53 #816368

Hey Guys

Im planning to visit grindelwald on 26 June. I am searching to go from Zurich Flughafen to Grindelwald but confused with “Day Saver Ticket” for 52CHF ofcourse i will book my train ticket in advance so does Day Saver Ticket suits my route to reach to grindelwald, because Individual ticket is about 85.20 CHF.

My question is does day Saver Ticket means i can travel any time on that particular Day?

And secondly i will also travel on next day from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch and i will have to buy individual ticket 107CHF, does individual ticket means that i can also come back from Jungdraujoch to Grindelwald (on same day within 2hours) or will i have to buy another individual ticket from Jungfraujoch to grindelwald. Im asking this because online in individual ticket info it says (Return, one way or round trips)

Please note im just a traveller and im NOT going to buy any half-fare pass or any other pass… keeping that in mind guide me.

Thank You

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2018 at 15:29:01 #887016

Hi Umar and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think you are talking about the Saver Day Pass. You can read more about it here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/onedaytravelpass /details

It can be bought for as low as 52chf (if bought 30 days in advance) and is a day pass and you can use it for as many trips you want in one day (assuming it is in the validity area).

107chf would be the one-way price from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch in the summer season. A return trip is 207chf (price list here).

Rail passes, like the Swiss Half Fare Card, are designed for travelers to save money. So you may want to consider buying one (depending on your plans while in Switzerland). Of course, that choice is up to you.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 June 2018 at 6:50:50 #887017

Hi Umar,

I agree with Lucas on the Swiss Half Fare Card: why not buy one and save money? A return trip Grindelwald to Jungfrau (up and down) costs CHF 214 as you are traveling in high season. A normal ticket from the airport to Grindelwald and back costs CHF 170.40. A Saver Day Pass costs CHF 52 without a Swiss Half Fare Card and CHF 29 with a Swiss Half Fare Card (assuming you book early enough to get it for that price).

If you buy a Swiss Half Fare Card to get the discounts on the regular tickets you will save a few francs compared to not buying it and trying to get the Saver Day Passes for your trip to and from Grindelwald. As Saver Day Passes are cheaper for Swiss Half Fare Card holders, you can save even more. At least CHF 30 I’d say. I am assuming you will also travel back to the airport by train.

You can print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 10:18:49 #887018

We are in total 2 people traveling so does that mean we have to buy 2 “half Fare Pass” for each??

Any way i will try both options and see which one will suits us?

Thank you guys

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 June 2018 at 13:48:25 #887019

Indeed, you need a Swiss Half Fare Card for each person who wants to travel with discounted tickets. The prices I mentioned are for one person, so this does not change anything to your savings.

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass for Zurich to Grindelwald?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.