Zurich to Wilderswil on Bernese Oberland Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
GerryPhilp
GerryPhilp
11 posts
Aug 8, 2017 - 4:35 PM

Will be buying a Bernese Oberland pass and were advised that I would have to pay fare from Zurich to Luzern as the nearest point where my pass would be valid. When I look at the timetable however the quickest routes from Zurich to Wilderswil are via Bern. Since we will be arriving in the afternoon the extra hour in transit may be an issue. In order to take the shorter route do I have to buy a ticket to Bern instead which is almost double the price from Luzern? Thanks for the help

Lucas
Lucas
9606 posts
expert &
Aug 8, 2017 - 5:39 PM in reply to GerryPhilp

Hi GerryPhilip,

Unfortunately, you can't buy a ticket to a destination that the train isn't traveling to. If you travel on the faster route to Wilderswil via Bern you must buy a ticket to Bern. You will have to decide between the quickest option or the cheapest option in the end.

Lucas

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 9, 2017 - 4:13 AM in reply to GerryPhilp

Hi Gerry,

The longer route to Wilderswil via Luzern is much more scenic if that is any consolation! From Luzern to Interlaken Ost, you travel over part of the Golden Pass route.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Aug 10, 2017 - 5:49 PM by Arno
GerryPhilp
GerryPhilp
11 posts
Aug 9, 2017 - 2:29 PM in reply to Removed user

Thanks, that is indeed a silver lining. I was just thinking of our potential landlady but she has assured us that late arrival is not a problem so we shall drink in the scenery while saving a few francs that we shall probably spend on more chocolate and cheese!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018