Traveling Paris to Switzerland with Eurail Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2019 at 23:48:51 #820216

I will be arriving in Paris in mid April. I want to train through Switzerland on the most scenic routes. What Swiss city should I arrive in to begin the scenic routes. I assume the Glacier Express offers some of the most scenic routes. Will my Global Eurail Pass allow me to take the Glacier Express for free or is there a charge? If so, how much? Do I need a reservation at that time of year and if so are reservations difficult to get? Also, any suggestions regarding what other places in Switzerland I should travel to. Finally, to break up trip from Paris to Switzerland, any suggestions for interesting or beautiful stops in France along the way? Thank you for your help.

• The thread ‘Traveling Paris to Switzerland with Eurail Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.