Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Traveling to Jungfraujoch with a car

Traveling to Jungfraujoch with a car

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
RajKalra
RajKalra
2 posts
Jun 11, 2019 - 12:39 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to France and Swiss in the next month (July end 2019). We are a family of 3. I am planning to rent a car and do the entire trip on road rather than taking a Swiss pass and taking trains. I am now not sure what would be the best and cheapest way to reach Jungfraujach? I am okay with staying at either Interlaken or Grindelwald. What kind of ticket should I buy? I see many options online and reading all these is making me more confused. Can someone please give me a best route as of where should I stay? Which pass/ticket should I take? Where should I park my car and from which station Should I board the train and to where?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Raj Kalra

Arno
Arno
14129 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2019 - 5:15 PM

Hi Raj Kalra,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! If you stay in Grindelwald or Interlaken, you can leave your car there and take the train. All information you need to prepare for this trip can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch. There is a map too, as well as ticket information.

If you're planning to do other trips by train, cable car, bus or boat, then a Swiss Half Fare Card will save you money: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

If there are children in your family (under 16), they can get a discount: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts.

For accommodation you can check these pages:

You need a motorway vignette unless you rent the car in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/mo torwayvignette.

Last modified on Jun 11, 2019 - 5:17 PM by Arno
RajKalra
RajKalra
2 posts
Jun 11, 2019 - 5:20 PM

Hey Arno,

Thanks for the reply. Will definitely go through the links you provided. Just a small question, if I am not planning any other trips through train, what kind of ticket/pass should I take to visit Jungfraujoch? I have a car, so all of my other trips would be via a car. And I don't have any children's in my family.

Thanks again!

Best,
Raj

Arno
Arno
14129 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2019 - 6:44 PM in reply to RajKalra

Hi Raj,

In that case regular tickets are fine, please see my first link.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019