Swiss rail pass with 2 kids (4years old & baby)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2019 at 23:25:20 #821774

We will be visiting Luzern (by car) for a day and then traveling to Tasch to train to Zermatt for a few days. We will be taking the train/trolley into Zermatt from Tasch and then exploring Zermatt by the cable cars and lifts. Then we will be taking a train from Zermatt to Zurich and will spend a day exploring there before flying home. It will be my husband and I with our 4 year old and infant. What would be the best pass to purchase for these few train rides? Is a pass most cost effective for this type of travel or should we just book individual trips? Will we require to purchase tickets or passes for the kids too? I’ve been trying to read through the passes and regions etc but I’ve been a little confused at which is best.

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass with 2 kids (4years old & baby)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.