Traveling with Swiss Travel Pass and granddaughter

• Channa
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 November 2019 at 5:48:27 #824433

Dear Sir,

Towards the end of June 2020 I will be travelling to Switzerland with three grandchildren aged 14, 16, and 18. We will be in Switzerland for five full days and will be touring together all the time. We are all very excited. We will be staying in Lauterbrunnen the whole time and will be making daily trips from there. My questions are…

1. Should we buy Swiss travel passes or maybe only half travel pass? What area does the Jungfrau pass include..does it include Luzern?
    2. Does my 14 year old grand-daughter travel free.. can I take out a Swiss Family card? She will be with me the whole time and we have the same family name. I will be her legal guardian during our holiday.
    3. If I do buy Swiss travel passes they will not cover us on our fifth day…so what do you suggest for that day? A saver day pass?..and then what with the 14 year old? We have to be at Zurich airport at 18.30 hrs on the Thursday- our fifth day.
    4. Is there a discount on the trip to the Jungfraujoch with the the Swiss travel pass?

Thanking you so much for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Ann

• The thread ‘Traveling with Swiss Travel Pass and granddaughter’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.