Travelling 6 days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2011 at 21:05:42 #804830

Hello! After reading your forum I would like you to help me planning my trip to Switzerland, beginning december the 26th (arriving in and departing from Geneva) and leavind january the 2nd. I’m going with my husband!
    I was planning this itinerary:
    Dec 27 th – Geneva – Lausanne – Montreux – Geneva
    Dec 28 th – Geneva – Annecy – Geneva
    Dec 29 th – Geneva – Basel – Geneva
    Dec 30 th – Geneva – Berne – Interlaken
    Dec 31 th – Interlaken – Jungfrau/ Lauterbrunnen – Lucerne – Interlaken
    Jan 1st – Interlaken – Matterhorn – Interlaken
    Jan 2nd – Interlaken – Geneva

Could you please tell me which travel pass suits me, and my husband, better? Is this travel planning possible, or is it too much to see in such a few days?

Thanks
    Paula

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 December 2011 at 5:58:05 #834620

Hello Paula, and welcome! I’m afraid your forum post was a bit too late for other forum visitors to react before you left. In case you still read this while you’re in Switzerland: I hope you’re having a wonderful stay. You may have discovered the online timetable already, which will help you to plan your trips. Most of your days are full indeed, as they require quite some traveling time. You may want to skip a few cities, resulting in a more relaxed itinerary. For example, it will be hard to visit both the Jungfraujoch and Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne on one day, all from Interlaken. And on January 1st, I suggest that you stay overnight in Zermatt instead of in Interlaken: that will save you the trip back to Interlaken the same day. You could travel onto Geneva from Zermatt on the last day of your stay.

I’d say that an 8 day Swiss Pass would be a great choice for your travel scheme, since you intend to travel a lot.

Have a great stay! Of course you’re welcome to post your travel experiences here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2012 at 11:42:38 #834621

Hello!
    Thank you for advice! I did not have the chance to read your answer during my stay in Switzerland, but now I can tell you all about my opinion!
    Me and my husband, we made this trip for cultural reasons, looking for lots of snow and mountains, since we came from a country with warm and nice weather! Nevertheless, we were not looking for skiing!…

As we planned, we arrived on 26 december to Geneva and we bought the SWISS SAVER PASS that costs us 652 CHF for 8 days around the country.

We first went to Basel and Berne (27 december – all day); than Montreux and the Castle of Chillon + Lausanne (28 december – all day); we went to a french village called Annecy (29 december – all day); we went to Luzerne (30 december) an we arrived in Interlaken. We began by visiting Grindelwald in the morning and Lauterbrunnen in the afternoon (31 december). And in the 1st january we visited the SCHILTHORN and finally Murren.

If I knew what I know now, I woul have stayed the entire week (7 nights) in Interlaken, since it is indeed a beautiful city and near the most beautiful cities I visited.
    The surrounding landscapes left me breathless!!!

I loved Annecy (in France) and Luzerne! To me they were the two most beautiful cities! People should spend a whole day there! In Interlaken tourists can reach easily any part of switzerland by train and the landscapes are allways beautiful – the snow capped mountains, lakes, picturesque houses, kind people!…

Schilthorn was a magnificent way to start the year! These are the places I enjoyed the most and that I recommend!…

Undo edits

Paula

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 January 2012 at 8:37:35 #834622

Hello Paula! Thanks for getting back to us and making recommendations to other travelers. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Switzerland that much. You definitely got to see beautiful towns and viewing points. You’re right, Interlaken and its surroundings are stunning. Let’s hope you’re able to get back there some time and enjoy the scenery once again!

• The thread ‘Travelling 6 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.