Travelling Switzerland in May - Train or Car?

Travelling Switzerland in May - Train or Car?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sammy22
Sammy22
1 post
May 6, 2018 - 7:56 AM

Hey Everyone :) ,

Just a quick question. Few friends and I are travelling through Switzerland later this month and we were wondering what is the best mode of transport to move around - Train or hiring a car?

We will be travelling from :

Geneva - Montreux, and halting at Montreux for about 3 days

Montreux - Zurich - and halting in Zurich for another 3 days

Last leg - Zurich - Lucern - and halting at Lucern for 3 days, before heading to Geneva to leave.

What would you recommend we opt for? Should we use the train system or hire a couple of cars and drive around? I personally prefer driving around at my own convenience but some of my friends say the train journeys have better scenic views and that cars are not allowed at many villages and attraction areas.

Would love to get your feedback guys,

Thanks in Advance,

Sam

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
May 6, 2018 - 8:14 AM in reply to Sammy22

Hello Sam and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

After reading www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain I expect you will decide to travel by train. 😎

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass). A Swiss Travel Pass is super convenient.

And now that you too have decided to travel by train you can use the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on that page.

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
May 18, 2018 - 3:10 PM

Did you make a decision Sam? Are there any questions left for us to help with?

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018