Travelling from US with 2 year old in Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sameer1907
sameer1907
1 post
Mar 25, 2018 - 4:53 PM

Hello Everyone. Need some urgent help and expert counsel.

Me & my wife are travelling for the first time to Switzerland from US to celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday. We will be arriving in Zurich on April 3rd Morning.

We fly back to US on April 6th Morning. So technically we have time from 12 pm local time on April 3rd to 10 pm April 5th.

What are the good things we can do on a short trip with a 2 year old ?

My wife wants us to Interlaken , jungfraujoch & golden pass train ? How can we plan rail travel from Zurich to Lucern to Interlaken to Zurich & what are best rail pass/ tickets option for our family

Lastly, good family hotel recommendation in Interlaken pl ?

Thanks much in advance and have a wonderful remaining 2018.

Sam

Lucas
Lucas
9643 posts
expert &
Mar 25, 2018 - 6:47 PM in reply to sameer1907

Hi Sameer1907 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for you and your wife might be the simplest option. Your child won't need any ticket or pass at that age.

You can plan trips by train using the Swiss railways timetable here. Just enter the town or mountain you want to visit and from where (and when) and it shows you the most direct routes at that time.

I'd be tempted to look into a different town other than Interlaken (as it isn't so special). Perhaps Grindelwald or Wengen might interest you more? Each town link above has a hotels tab that shows you our recommendations for each town.

Last modified on Mar 26, 2018 - 5:12 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018