Pay for Zurich to Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 6:50:42 #812302

Hi there, if i buy a swiss pass travel, do i need to pay again for the train from zurich airport to lucerne?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2017 at 7:11:31 #865296

Hi Nazume,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! No, the pass replaces tickets. You can print the pass at home (see here) and go straight from your plane to the train without paying anything extra.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 7:57:53 #865297

Thanks for the reply.

Another question. After my trip at lucerne, im planning to go milan. But i do not know whether to take by train or flight. So is it better to buy the swiss pass or the eurorail pass to get to milan by train or just take flight from Zurich? And i also i am going to Rome as well. So what are your suggestions?

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2017 at 8:15:09 #865298

Hi Nazume,

The trains are quicker, more comfortable and eco-friendlier. You’ll find details here: myswissalps.com/traint ickets/italy. Note that the SwissPass is for Swiss residents only. A Swiss Travel Pass is for tourists and may serve you well based on your plans. A Eurail Pass may work if you have planned multiple trips in multiple countries (more than just Milan and Rome). Otherwise a pass for Switzerland and point to point tickets for Italy will be cheaper. Please find details here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 8:35:18 #865299

Is there a direct train from luzern to milan? Or there is a need to change train or watsoever?

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2017 at 8:42:50 #865300

Yes there is, but there are also many options with one (easy) change. You can find all of time in the timetable.

• The thread ‘Pay for Zurich to Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.