I am travelling with the spouse for the first time so just want to plan everything perfectly including it making it cost effective so that this trips become memorable for both of us. Below is what I have planned.
So far I have only booked
Flight from India to Paris on 13 Dec and
Fly back on 22 Dec from Paris back to India
Hotels 13-15 in Paris
Hotels 16-20 in Switzerland, Planning to book one more hotel in Switzerland.
I have not booked any transport when I reach Paris and Switzerland.
I am thinking of two things
1) Take the Eurorail and Swiss Rail pass combined for 10 days which cost CHF 817( after 15% discount for Travelling together) which I am assuming it would cover all the traveling in France and Switzerland.
I am not sure if I will get 50% discount also on Travelling in Special venues in France and Switzerland but I do plan to visit some of the areas like Schilthorn Mürren, Bernese Oberland. If I will not get the discount on tourist places which is covered by Swiss Travel pass , I will not opt for this one as I plan to stay in swiss for the most of my time. I also think this would give me free tickets from Paris to Geneva and then Geneva to Zurich but I understand it will take 8 hours
Total cost = 817.55 CHF
2) Take 30 Tickets in France of 45 Euro (50 CHF) which should be good enough of travelling in Paris, but I am again not sure about the discount for Eiffel Tower or Museum.
Cost of Travelling by Air from Paris to Zurich = 350 CHF – Preferred as it will take only 1 hours
Cost of Travelling by Train from Paris to Geneva( I will travel via Swiss or Euro pass) = 340 CHF and Travel from Geneva to Bern. – This might take me 6 hours.
Take Swiss Travel pass for 5 days, being given to Indian 590 CHF
Total cost = 50+350+590= 990 CHF
I am not fussy about extra 180 CHF given in 2 option but if I get one pass for all things I will take it.
Also I would need the advice in relation to the specific Tourist places that I should visit in Switzerland. I would like to explore Snow and Beautiful views.
- 1 Thursday, 13 December 2018 Paris
Check in Already booked Hotel in Paris and explore nearby areas as our arrival is Late Night
- Friday, 14 December 2018 Paris
Explore Eiffel Tower, Catheral, Museum and other Nearby Area’s
- Saturday, 15 December 2018 Paris
Explore Local Markets and Musée d'Orsay
- Sunday, 16 December 2018 Bern
Check out from Hotel in Paris and Travel to Switzerland
Check in at Bern Hotel as we have made Bern as our Base
- Monday, 17 December 2018 Bern
Take Train from Bern to InterLaken and Come back at Bern Hotel
- Tuesday, 18 December 2018 Bern
Take Train from Bern to Lucerne and Come back at Bern Hotel
- Wednesday, 19 December 2018 Bern
Take Train from Bern to Schilthorn Mürren, Bernese Oberlandand Come back at Bern Hotel
- Thursday, 20 December 2018 Bern
Take Train from Bern to Zurich and Check out at Bern Hotel
Check in at any hotel in an area which you guys will suggest
- Friday, 21 December 2018 Unknown
Check out from the Hotel, Explore areas suggested by you people in Switerland
Travel to Paris
10 Saturday, 22 December 2018 paris
Flyout from Paris
Kindly let me know which Travel plan I should should and any good areas in Switzerland which I should view.
Thanks in advance