Interlaken, Jungfraujoch & Titlis rain forecast

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 16:08:53 #821664

Hello all

we have planned a trip to Switzerland from 4th June 2019 to 10th June. We are in interlaken on 4-6 June and wish to visit Jungfraujoch .. but the weather forecast shows rains and showers on those days.. will we be able to enjoy Jungfraujoch? Also in Zurich the forecast says rain.. will we be able to visit mt Titlis and rhine falls?? The rain forecast has dampened all our spirits 😢

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 May 2019 at 21:39:18 #912444

Hello Sonal2007 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Cheer up, There is no way that a weather forecast for 2 weeks hence can be considered reliable in Switzerland. It will probably be blazing sunshine for your visit. Get hold of the MeteoSwiss app and check that. Also have a look at bit.ly/2GmILXS and bit.ly/2JTpjzV closer to the time. Be flexible if you can.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    15 May 2019 at 21:43:04 #912445

Hi Sonal2007, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Well, you have access to a better weather forecast then me (who lives in Switzerland), because mine tells me only about the next five days. Let me know, I’m interested…

More seriously, first you could be optimistic as the weather on 4-6 June might indeed be different than what you think now. The total number of annual rainy days in Switzerland is rather small. Well, when I say rainy, that includes snowy if we are talking of Jungfraujoch which is above 3000 m elevation. Few rainy/snowy days, but more cloudy days, sure.

Whether you would enjoy Jungfraujoch depends mainly on your tastes and preference, and the spirit of your group. Look at it this way: it is reasonable to stay on Jungfraujoch for two or three hours before taking the train back to the valley. People usually go to the outside terrace for 10 to 15 minutes, to enjoy the view and take photos, after that they feel cold, even on a sunny day (it can be windy), and tired (they just climbed 2000 meters or more, breathing is difficult). They spend the rest of the time at one of the restaurants, and visit the ice cave and other features, I think you can even make your own chocolate up there. What we Swiss do on a cold and rainy day is eat cheese fondue. You can do that (probably, I haven’t seen the menu card) at one of the restaurants, or you can make it yourself! Or keep that for Zurich.

Instead of going to the top station of the Jungfrau Railway, you could stop at Eigergletscher and enjoy their world famous pastries

I have never been to Titlis but I assume you can go there on a rainy day too. At least the crowd will be thinner. The same holds for the Rhine Falls.

To advise you on other rain weather ideas we ‘d need to know about your tastes. There are fine museums everywhere. There is the Technorama in Winterthur, or the Transport Museum in Lucerne.

When I eavesdrop other tourists’ conversations, I often observe that they discuss matters of back home (maybe I do that myself when I travel…), rather than sharing the feelings they experience when travelling. If that is also your case, then weather is not so important, is it?

Good luck, and be singing in the rain!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2019 at 1:00:06 #912446

Hey

thank you so much for your advice!! I am quite relieved of the stress now 😊

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2019 at 1:04:29 #912447

Hello snowman

thank for such a nice information .. well me n my husband have been to Switzerland ten years ago.. and such good time did we have!! We didn’t check the weather forecast that time 🙂 guess now I should just check it just a couple of days before.. my kids would be very much interested in checking out the pastry station.. can you suggest few more activities and things to see when we r in interlaken. We reach there on 4th and leave by 6th evening in June. Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 10:11:25 #912448

Hi Sonal,

I fully agree with Snowman and Rockoyster, the most reliable weather forecast is only available a few days in advance (I would actually say no more than 4) so do check the forecast then http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast in particular if you are planning to go up to Jungfraujoch as you can see here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

As the tickets are more expensive it only makes sense if you can actually see something!

Regarding the Rhine Falls http://www.myswissalps.com/rh inefalls these can be done on a rainy day as well, if you have an umbrella and/or raincoat. The falls are quite impressive anyway, you should just dress appropriately. There are cafes and attractions there so you wouldn’t get bored, and you could enjoy a lunch at the Schlossi in the middle which is pretty impressive.

Regarding Titlis check out this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis

Sometimes the weather in the valley is different than up top, so be sure to check out the weather forecast and even webcams for Titlis when you are planning your visit.

Plenty of things to see and do in Interlaken, have a look at this link for ideas: http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities

Hope this helps and have a wonderful trip!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 10:14:13 #912449

Thanks Maria!! That was quite a help.. grateful 🙏

• The thread ‘Interlaken, Jungfraujoch & Titlis rain forecast’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.