Travelling to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sparvin
Sparvin
3 posts
Oct 18, 2019 - 7:48 AM

Hi ,

I am planning to buy 3 day swiss travel pass. I was wondering how to avail the discounted ticket from Interlaken ost to Junfrau . I have already checked SBB website and its only showing option for Half fare card.

I learned that one or two the connections are discounted and one are free.But not getting the exact info online.

Please help.

Thanks,
Someya

Anna
Anna
251 posts
top member &
Oct 18, 2019 - 9:44 AM in reply to Sparvin

Hi Someya,

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass, your journey from Interlaken Ost to Wengen or Grindelwald is free. You only need to pay for the last leg of the journey (with 25% discounts). Using the timetable, your departure point should either be Wengen or Grindelwald.

Please find details of the Swiss Travel Pass, and how to get to Jungfraujoch below:

Swiss Travel Pass validity: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity
Where to buy: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price
Travelling to Jungfraujoch: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

Tickets to the Jungfraujoch, including the ones with the right amount of discounts for the Swiss Travel Pass, can be found through the links at www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets.

Hope this helps! If you have anymore questions, feel free to use the same thread (instead of creating a new one). It's much easier to keep track of all your travel concerns and queries in one thread.

Cheers,

Anna

Last modified on Oct 18, 2019 - 6:08 PM by Annika
Tapaspalit
Tapaspalit
1 post
Oct 25, 2019 - 3:34 PM

Hi,I Dr. Tapas kumar Palit from India planned a to go to Jungfrowoch w ith my wife and son as a part of optional tour from Interlaken through a conducted tour operator on date 26.01.2020. Can anyone tell me about the weather at that place at that time. Whether the road remains open and what is the best way to reach Jungfrowach at that time? With thanks.

Anna
Anna
251 posts
top member &
Oct 25, 2019 - 5:10 PM in reply to Tapaspalit

Hi Dr Tapas,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

It would be best to open a new thread with your query so we could keep track of all your postings and responses in the same thread.

Just to quickly answer your question though, January in general would be cold as it is winter, and the weather could either be cloudy or sunny up in the mountains, maybe even snowing. For a general information about the weather in Switzerland, please refer to the link below. You should check out the forecast and the mountain webcam before your trip. Regardless of the weather, Jungfraujoch is accessible all year by cogwheel train. Please see link below for more information.

If you have further questions, I would be happy to address them in a new thread.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Oct 25, 2019 - 5:20 PM by Anna

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019