3 days Lucerne from Sep 20, with husband and baby

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 23:58:40 #813287

Hi, I am travelling to Zurich on 20th Sep. And, reaching Lucerne in night.

I will be travelling with my one year old daughter and husband.

We are planning to do sight seeing in Lucerne on day 1 and Mount Pillates with Lale cruise.

Day 2 Mount Titlis from Lucerne

Day 3 Interlaken from Lucerne.

Please suggest if this plan is fine. Or please give suggestions. Also, do we need to book cruise tickets Seperatly or Swiss Pass will work?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2017 at 12:53:15 #869899

Hi Shikha,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Lucerne is a wonderful destination for 3 days. Note that you will need to consult with your pediatrician before taking children younger than 2 years to high peaks (over 2500 m). This applies to Mount Titlis: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis

Interlaken itself is not very interesting. I’d recommend to skip the town and explore the Jungfrau region south of Interlaken instead. This is a pretty long trip from Lucerne though. You’ll be spending at least 5 hours on trains. If you would like trip closer to Lucerne you’ll find plenty of options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities

The Swiss Travel Pass includes all the boats, you do not need tickets. Please see: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2017 at 16:54:16 #869900

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your reply!

Do I need to take a permission in written from the doctor? Also, what pass will be best? Using the same pass can we travel from Zurich to Lucerne and Lucerne to Zurich. As we have our fligts from Zurich to Stockholm. What you suggest, how many days pass we should putchase keeping in mind two of us.

Thank you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2017 at 20:10:05 #869901

Hi Shikha,

Glad to help! No permissions required, it’s your own responsibility. A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass would work fine if you are going to Interlaken too. Please see here for details about how to find the best pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2017 at 21:42:54 #869902

Thank you Arno. I would travel from Zurich using the same pass? I will reach Zurich on 20 the SEP. And return on 24 SEP to Zurich from Lucerne.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 September 2017 at 6:53:47 #869903

Hi Shikha,

Please see the pass link in my previous post. Click to “Where it’s valid” and download the map to see what’s included. In short: the pass includes all town to town trains in Switzerland for free, so it’s very easy to travel around.

• The thread ‘3 days Lucerne from Sep 20, with husband and baby’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.