Travelling to Schilthorn in October: maintenance

• Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 September 2022 at 17:12:42 #828441

Hi there!

could anyone please kindly give me some advise as I’m planning to travel to Schilithorn on the 29th of October.

schilthorn.ch/en/Infos/cmsfiles/Fahrplan_2022_1.pdf

the website says that the transfer via Grutschalp is under maintenance. Can anyone kindly advise how should I go about? Should I still travel from interlaken ost to Lauterbrunne?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    27 September 2022 at 17:46:40 #947425

Hi Jacky666,

There’s 2 ways you can reach Schilthorn. One is via the Stechelberg cable car and the other is via the Grutschalp cableway. When one is not operating, you can use the alternative way. Both are accessible easily from Lauterbrunnen. So in your case you can take the cable car in Stechelberg. You can find further details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/gettingthere

Regards,

Anna

Jacky666
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 September 2022 at 17:52:39 #947426

Thanks Anna! You are the best!

• The thread ‘Travelling to Schilthorn in October: maintenance’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.