Travelling to the Swiss Alps in Sept 2019

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 January 2019 at 17:37:27 #901466

Hi Monica –

<<“Thank you for your input on Baeren-Ranflueh. I’ve just emailed to them requesting them for a room on 11th-12th Sept. Hope they have some accommodation available.”>>

You are welcome. I would not have found this nice inn without this discussion. It is a good candidate for me to stay at on a future visit. I did check the German message on their website…and, it has a bit of Swiss German, too.

<<“Aus diesem Grund bauen wir um. Wir werden den Eingangsbereich und die Sanitären Anlagen komplett erneuern. Während den “schlimmsten” Umbauarbeiten werden wir den Betrieb gezwungenermassen schliessen. Das heisst

der “Bäre Raufli” ist vom 06. Januar bis und mit 04. Februar 2019 geschlossen. Wir freuen uns, Sie alle ab Dienstag, 05. Februar 2019 wieder zu begrüssen.

Das Hotel ist bereits wieder ab dem 20. Januar 2019 verfügbar. Montag bis Freitag ist Check-In jeweils zwischen 18.00 bis 19.00 Uhr. Falls Sie zu dieser Zeit nicht anreisen können, melden Sie sich rasch per Telefon bei uns! Samstag und Sonntag Anreise nur nach telefonischer Absprache.

Äs isch de no nid aues fertig – aber äs besseret vo Tag zu Tag! Wir rechnen mit einer Einschränkung und Umbauzeit bis ca. Ende April 2019. Wir freuen uns aber, wenn Sie uns trotzdem besuchen und danken schon jetzt für das Verständnis während dieser Umbauphase!

Sie erreichen uns jederzeit unter der Telefonnummer +41 (0) 34 496 59 00 oder

per E-mail info@baeren-ranflueh.ch

Unsere Öffnungszeiten

Dienstag bis Freitag

ab 08.30 bis 23.30 Uhr geöffnet

Samstag

ab 09.00 bis 23.30 Uhr geöffnet”>>

It says that they are undergoing construction, and the restaurant will be closed from January 6 through February 4th. Some reduction in services will occur until April.

It seems that they will probably answer e-mails on weekdays, not weekends, until the 4th, but the phone will be OK on weekends.

• They are getting a new entrance area and reception, as well a completely new sanitary facilities. In fact,
    • they are jokingly calling it their “WC break.”

It is nice to see that they are investing…. a good sign of the caring attitude of the management.

However, you can expect a delay in an answer, at least until a weekday.

Please note:

<<“Some units feature a TV and a private bathroom with a shower and a toilet, while others have shared bathroom facilities.”>>

<<“Inn: 8 rooms”>>

Travel Possibilities:

I spent some time with the map

map.search.ch/?q=R%C3%A4nfl%C3%BCh&po i=haltestelle,zug&near =625168,204144&pos=622 256,207920&z=32

And the route of bus #284, which stops 100 meters from the inn at “Ränflüh, Oberdorf” is quite handy. At one end it stops at Ramsei…which gives a couple of different access routes to the Schaukäserei in Affoltern….bus stop Affolterrn, Dorf.

At or near the other end of that #284 bus route, it passes through Trub, which is a really nice village to wander around in. I’ll repeat the photo that I attached earlier to remind you.

map.search.ch/Trub?poi=haltestelle,zug&po s=635320,199400&z=64

Here is what I found.

Depart Wengen for Ränflüh –

You can leave Wengen for Ränflüh at 0803, 0833, 0903, and 0933 and still have a reasonable day. The trip takes 2 1/2 to about 3 hours, with easy connections, although there a several of them. If you leave at 0933, you might have to rush in Trub, to make sure that you get the last bus out.

Leave at xx03 – Wengen-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken Ost – Thun- Hasle-Rüegsau – Affoltern i. E, Dorf. Arrive Ränflüh xx35, 2 1/2 hours later. You’ll be on the bus from Ramsei, heading south toward Langnau , Trubschachen, Trub.

Leave at xx33- you go to IO, then change at Spiez, then Bern then Langnau i.E, with a 3 minute connection to the #284 bus…which will be parked close to the station. Same number of connections, slightly longer trip, going through Bern could sometimes be a problem, but there is a generous 12 minute connection. Total time 2 hrs 47 minutes. Arrive at Ränflüh, Oberdorf at xx20, heading toward Ramsei. The only connection problem would be at Ränflüh, in that you would want to continue southward on the same bus route on he next available bus after you drop your luggage, in order to pick up a train at Zolbrück toward Hasle- Rüegsau thence Affoltern.

Depending on which way you came in, you would have a 15 minute connection on the next bus toward Zollbrück, or a 1 hour connection. The inn is 100 meters from the bus stop. You’ll be arriving at a time near or in the lunch hour, so they may have a slight delay accepting your luggage.

You could take a break , get a cuppa, or , maybe, make a 15 minute connection. Possible, but it would require good luck.

I’d take the 0903 from Wengen, to avoid a rush and allow for breakfast, or else the 0833. You could even take the 0803. Both of those options could give you a bit of extra time along the way. The 0803 would provide the greatest benefit.

I’ll pick the worst case.

Leave Wengen at 0903, arrive Ränflüh at 1135. Catch the 1235 bus to Zollbrück, train at 1247 to Hasle-Rüegsau, bus 3 minutes later to Affoltern, Dorf, arrive at 1314.

5 minutes walk to the dairy, have lunch . Look around, and take the 1535 bus back down the valley to Hasle-Rüegsau, arrive at 1556, catch the 1559 to Langnau i. E. Aarrive 1617, and pick up the #284 bus at 1629, after a 12 minute connection, ride along the main road to Trubschachen, thence into a different valley, to Trub, arriving 1659.

Walk around Trub for 33 minutes (or 1 hr, 33 minutes), catch a #284 bus at 1732 or 1832, back through Langnau and stay on it to Ränflüh, 13 minutes later.

Caution, last bus out to Trubschachen is at 1832. However, it is only a 3.5 km walk, so you could walk out if you have energy after a long day. However, that last bus to Trubschachen at 1832 is the same last bus from Trubschachen to Ränflüh at 1846.

So, it is critical that you get to Trubschachen by 1846 for that bus.

Since I picked an 0903 departure from Wengen, that means that you can leave up to one hour earlier, put an extra hour of slack into the route somewhere, and still make it. If you leave Wengen 1 hour earlier, you can get to Trub, an hour earlier….

There are several options that you can explore with that map in front of you.

I selected that one option, but, in fact, you might choose to alter the route/timing a bit depending on whether or not you want to stop at the inn before you go anywhere else. Since that is the most time consuming option, a “worst case,” I picked it to study in detail. You could take some time out of the journey if you did not stop at the inn first. Depends on your luggage.

If I were making that trip. I’d write down in some way the train and bus timings along the route, so I could keep track as I went through the day,, and would know if another train/bus could work at some point.

Trub is worth the effort. You won’t need more than 30 minutes unless you take a lot of photographs. If you want to take a lot of photos there, take an hour out of Affoltern…might be tight… or leave Wengen earlier.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 January 2019 at 0:43:57 #901467

<<“far ahead of “backwards” Germany. ;)”>>

Lucas, with your background in Canada, I’d expect a less blunt statement. 😉

Perhaps Germany and the USA are more …” traditional.” 😉

Or, less trusting of the hackable internet, soon to be underpinned by Chinese technology…

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 3:38:34 #901468

Hi Slowpoke

Thank you for your detailed planning once again for highlighting the following:

<<“Some units feature a TV and a private bathroom with a shower and a toilet, while others have shared bathroom facilities.”>>

I’ll keep in mind to ask them for a private bathroom with a shower and a toilet, the next time i email to them. I’ve had enough of using communal ones whilst being in the boarding!

I was so delighted to open the map link that you attached. You made it so easy for me by browsing all the places that I need to get to. That was so very nice of you!

Thank you for all the detailed planning to get to Ränflüh, I’ll make sure I’ll get the 0803 from Wengen. I wouldn’t have much luggage with me, perhaps, just a backpack, since I’d have sent all the luggage on the 10th to Sachseln. I wouldn’t most likely have to go to the Ränflüh Inn.

Also, I’ll make sure that I take print-outs for the train and bus timings for each of my routes. My major concern on these routes will be to get the connecting buses and trains, hope I’ll be able to hop on them as some of them need to be boarded within a gap of 2-3 minutes.

I’d prefer to walk, wherever I can, I feel i can make a better connection with the land and its surroundings when i am walking.

Monica

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 January 2019 at 10:10:30 #901469

Hi Monica,

Did you receive your pass now? If not, there are many ways to contact HappyRail, including a phone number and live chat. You’ll find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 January 2019 at 10:39:25 #901470

G’Day, Monica –

Glad to help.

Even though I know that part of the country reasonably well, I would still do exactly that kind of planning myself, for such a trip.

So it is natural to do that for you. I find it to be fun, sort of like doing a jig-saw puzzle. And, once again, it illustrates the tools available for trip-planning.

Here is another –

It is common at regional stations to have small free leaflets of 10 or 20 pages or so, available, often in racks in the station near the ticket windows, with the nearby regional bus and train schedules. They are reprints in very small type of pages from the timetable in a printed format, using this format:

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/30.284.pdf

In German in the German-speaking regions….

Ooops-

I did see one typo, in my note about starting at xx03. I mixed up the end point in that string of stops, which was intended you get you to Ranflüh, not Affoltern. However, you can sort that out with the timetable. Sorry.

Another typo, which may have contributed to that one. For some unknown reason, I routinely misspelled “Ranflüh.” There is no umlaut over the “a.”

In any case, the correct bus stop name is “Ranflüh, Oberdorf” that is, Ranflüh, Upper Village. Das Dorf = the Village.

Also, you may have noted the convention used when typing in German if an umlaut is not available on the typewriter or keyboard. The work around is to add an “e” after the vowels a, o, u. So, “ä” can be represented by “ae.” An umlauted “u” that is “ü” is quite common, and may appear as “ue.”.

Gets a a bit confusing when you look at a name such as “Flüelen” ( a town at he south end of Lake Lucerne) which becomes “Flueelen.”

Those umlauted letter combinations are actually diphthongs. In standard “high” German they are pronounced as a single vowel. In dialects of Swiss German, diphthongs are often separated when spoken, so that Spiez in standard German is “Shpeets” (English sounds) but becomes ” Shpee- ets” in Swiss German dialects.

For another lesson in Swiss German, specifically, the Bernese dialect, the “Bären Ranflüh” is “Bäre Raufli.”

3 minute connections –

It seems scary at first, but it works. The buses wait for the trains on those tight connections. They are beside or in front of the rather small stations, sometimes easily visible from the platforms.

At Spiez, the connecting trains are on two sides of the same platform.

If you really want to plan in detail, for the critical stations at Ramsei, Hasle-Rüegsau, and possibly Langnau(?) you can look a the stations in detail in the aerial image. The places where the buses wait is clearly visible, as a yellow rectangle painted on the pavement:

here is the situation at Ramsei –

map.search.ch/Ramsei,B ahnhof?pos=620715,205117&z=20 48

I turned on the transport stop icons in the menu under “Points of Interest, Traffic” (Points of Interest is the star in a circle in the menu). I also switched to aerial ( photographic) view.

Sometimes that aerial view does not come up from a link….you might have to switch from map to aerial.

Hasle-Rüegsau –

map.search.ch/Hasle-R%C3%BCegsau,Bahnhof-Station-Stop?pos=616574,207240&z=20 48

Langnau i. E. –

map.search.ch/Langnau-im-Emmental,Bahnhofstr.?pos=626400,198703&z=20 48

And so on.

Travel times:

If you leave Wengen on the 0803 you may not be able to get breakfast. Not sure when Frau Graf-Engi serves it (it is a buffet), but it could be as early as 0700 on a weekday. But, at many stations, you can buy a sandwich from the “Kiosk” or “Aperto” or the “Volg” conveniece store. Frau Graf-Engi would likely provide something to take along with you , if you ask the night before.

If you leave Wengen on the 0803, you get to Ranflüh, Oberdorf at 1035. The connection at Ramsei – train to bus – is actually only 2 minutes, but, the bus driver can see the platform. He or she will wait for a late train or if they see a bewildered tourist looking puzzled. By the way, if you look closely at that map of Ramsei station, you can see a yellow rectangle to the right of the station. That is where the bus parks.

If, instead, you take the 0803 to Affoltern im Emmental, Dorf, instead of Ranflüh, Oberdorf, you arrive at 1114. That gives you a generous head start on the rest of the day. The connections are all longer on that route.

The most annoying connection is at Interlaken Ost… narrow passages and a lot of tourists with big suitcases. There, you have 7 minutes. Plenty of time, especially with light luggage.

<<“I’d prefer to walk, wherever I can, I feel i can make a better connection with the land and its surroundings when i am walking.”>>

The walk out from Trub to Trubschachen is a nice one. It is level and there are some nice Emmental houses along the way. Just don’t miss that last train at Trubschachen.. Or, on the way in, you could get off the train at Trubschachen and walk in to Trub. ( Check the map…there is a fork in the road, at the covered bridge, so that there are two ways in Trubschachen to get onto the valley road).

map.search.ch/Trubscha chen?pos=632956,198004&z=12 8

map.search.ch/Trubscha chen?pos=631409,197087&z=51 2

You likely won’t have time, but if you were to go further in the valley past Trub , toward Fankhaus, you would see some of the grand Emmental farmsteads. One picture attached. There are several, spaced some distance apart, along the road.

I think that this is the one shown in the attached photo:

map.search.ch/Trubscha chen?pos=638179,204390&z=20 48

Happy Travels,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 10:41:25 #901471

Hi Arno

Thank you so much for your concern. No, I haven’t received my pass yet but I did get a response about 5 minutes ago from them. They wrote back to say that they can only issue the STP, 6 months prior to my arrival, and hence would be emailing it to me on the 9th of March.

Monica

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 12:44:05 #901472

Hi Slowpoke

Thank you for letting me know of the leaflets but at the same time, I worked really hard today to create my own leaflets. There’s such a huge difference in printing out a page versus actually hand writing the content. Felt quite similar to taking a bus versus walking. I learnt so much more whilst writing the time table; got familiar with the places, types of trains, facilities available on them and so on.

Since I wouldn’t have any luggage with me, I was thinking of travelling from Wengen to Affoltern i.E Dorf and as you mentioned if I take 0803 (Wengen-Lauterbrunnen- Interlaken Ost-Thun-Hasle-Ruegsau-Affoltern i.E Dorf), I’d reach Affoltern i.E Dorf by 1114, which would give me ample time to visit the dairy and in Trub.

Thank you for the maps, the aerial view gives a much better idea about the waiting buses and it was reassuring to know that the drivers would be on the look out for the “bewildered tourist looking puzzled”.

And, on the 12th Sept, if I took the 0935 #284 from Ranfluh Oberdorf, I’d reach Luzern at 1103 to able to get 1112 boat to do the Rigi Roundtrip. Will see if I can cover the Transport Museum on the same day or else will club it with Mt. Titlis on the next day. Haven’t worked on the Mt. Titlis yet.

And, thank you for the lesson on the umlaut and the the Bernese dialect. There seems to be quite a bit of similarity between German and Sanskrit.

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 January 2019 at 14:47:26 #901473

<<“There’s such a huge difference in printing out a page versus actually hand writing the content.”>>

I agree. Especially if you work with a map. It is surprising how many people who post here do not use a map while they are looking at the timetable.

I write down the timing options myself, in pocket notebook.. Once in a while, when it is absolutely critical, I copy a page from the official print timetable in the format shown. Once you learn to read the symbols, they have a lot of easily accessible information, for a whole day’s trips. In this case, considering the timing issues toward the end of the day, I would choose to copy the first two pages of that *.pdf, for bus line 284, shown in the previous post. Also, the 5th page, for the last return buses.

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/30.284.pdf

The Rigi –

<<“And, on the 12th Sept, if I took the 0935 #284 from Ranfluh Oberdorf, I’d reach Luzern at 1103 to able to get 1112 boat to do the Rigi Roundtrip. Will see if I can cover the Transport Museum on the same day or else will club it with Mt. Titlis on the next day. Haven’t worked on the Mt. Titlis yet”>>

Although it only a 3 minute walk from the trains to the boat docks, there are often several boats at the docks at the same time. They stretch a considerable distance along the shore. I recall that there are signs matching boats to dock numbers, but it can take a few minutes to do that.

So, don’t dawdle.

Most probably, that popular boat to Vitznau, once per hour I recall, will leave from one of the docks directly in front of you as you leave the station by the main doors and walk past the buses.

map.search.ch/Luzern?pos=666367,211443&z=10 24

There is a restaurant on board the 1112 boat.

On the Rigi, if it a nice day, you can walk from Rigi-Kulm beside the tracks to Rigi-Staffelhöhe on an easy trail (yellow)

map.geo.admin.ch/?topic=ech&lang=en&bgLa yer=ch.swisstopo.pixel karte-farbe&layers=ch.bav.ha ltestellen-oev,ch.swisstopo.swiss tlm3d-wanderwege&E=2677303.8 5&N=1211286.03&zoom=7,

turn to the west and walk across the meadow out to Chänzeli for a nice view, then come back to Rigi-Kaltbad. On your left, in a nook in the rock just as you come to Kaltbad, is a small chapel on the left in a nook in the rock. Total distance about 4 km.

You can then take the cableway down to Weggis, walk 15 minutes down hill to the ship landing, and ride back to Luzern. That is on the same boat that departs from Vitznau ro Luzern.

Timetable will show Weggis LSB ( LuftSeilBahn….cableway). Twice per hour, sometime extras on busy days. Train is once per hour.

All of teh boats from Vitznau or Weggis stop at Verkehrshaus-Lido, the stop for the transport museum. Although there a land based routes to get there. I estimate that he boat is the fastest, if you match it’s schedule reasonably well at the landing at Weggis. The boats meet the train at Vitznau.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2019 at 21:42:20 #901474

Hi Slowpoke

School resumed yesterday after the 6-week long summer break followed by Zoe’s exhaustive training.

Thank you once again for your guidance on Mt. Rigi. The attached maps are so useful.

Thanks for letting me know that it can take some time to board the lucerne boat, I’ll make sure I take the #284 at 0835 from Ranfluh Oberdorf to be able to reach Luzern by 1003, which will give me ample time to get the 1112 Lucerne boat.

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 January 2019 at 22:09:08 #901475

<<“which will give me ample time to get the 1112 Lucerne boat.”>>

And, to take a brief look around in the area in front of the station…perhaps even to the Chapel Bridge, die Kapellbrücke….it is nearby.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2019 at 22:21:58 #901476

Sure Slowpoke, thank you for the tip, will put it down in my notes.

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 January 2019 at 10:05:50 #901477

Hi Monica –

<<“Thanks for letting me know that it can take some time to board the lucerne boat, I’ll make sure I take the #284 at 0835 from Ranfluh Oberdorf to be able to reach Luzern by 1003, which will give me ample time to get the 1112 Lucerne boat.”>>

I know that you are now very busy with school, so you may not have time to sort through all these posts, but, i felt that there would be no harm in adding some details about he Rigi trip.

Attached is a screen grab of travel options from Luzern main station to Vitznau after 1003 on September 12th.

Cograil trains from Vitznau ship landing leave at xx15, and take 32 minutes to reach the top ( Rigi Kulm).

You might have a chance to catch the 1012 boat.

Or, if you wish, there is a train/bus connection at 1029, which would get you to Vitznau with 45 minutes to spare before the next train up the mountain. There is not a lot to see in Vitznau, compared to Luzern, in those extra minutes, so, I’d not choose the train/bus combination myself.

If you had several hours on a day when it is open, and if such things interest you, a WWII underground fortress is dug into the side of the mountain at Vitznau.

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/tour-of-castle-vitznau.html

A benefit of catching the 1012 boat would be extra time in the afternoon to visit the Transport Museum ( das Verkehrshaus) in Luzern, and, possibly, have time for the pleasant walk along the shore afterwards to the main station.

If you catch the 1112 boat from Luzern to Vitznau, you will arrive at Rigi Kulm at 1247.

If you allow 1 hour and 13 minutes on top ( probably insufficient if you eat there, but I recall that it is a buffet), and take the 1400 train back down to Vitznau and catch the boat back to the Transport museum, you will arrive at the dock at Luzern, Verkehrshaus/Lido at 1535. If you take 2+ hours on top of the Rigi you’ll get to the transport museum dock at 1635, and at the museum at about 1645. In the Summer, and almost surely in early September, the museum closes at 1800.

It is a large museum….but it depends on your interests whether you will spend hours there……

If you manage to get the 1002 boat…not a sure thing….you gain an hour for the museum. If you shorten your time on the Rigi to a bit over one hour….you gain an hour.

I had suggested a walk down to Rigi Kaltbad via Chänzeli followed by the cableway to Weggis, walk to ship landing, catch boat to Transport Museum. I’d have to check that schedule.. but I don’t think it is possible to do that and to see the museum with either the 1112 or the 1012 departure time from Luzern plus that walk.

Without the walk, you could get off the train on the way back down from Rigi-Kulm at Rigi-Kaltbad, walk 3-5 minutes to the cableway, and so forth via boat from Weggis. It would be the same boat that left Vitznau 10-15 minutes earlier. Don’t think it works either, but I’ll look at schedules in the next few days.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2019 at 11:56:18 #901478

Hi Slowpoke

Thank you so much for paying attention to the minutest of details. I feel really honoured and at the same time so very special for all the support!

I understand the time constraints and am happy to visit whatever that I can. I’d be pleased if I just did the Rigi Round trip on the boat and returned to Sachseln on the 12th followed by Mt. Titlis on the 13th.

I was thinking of taking the 0829 train from Sachseln on 13th to reach Luzern at 0855. This would enable me to take a train at 0910 from Luzern to reach Engelberg at 0953 and Titlisbahn by 1004. I could spend about 2-3 hours there and even if I started at 1249 from Engelberg (Talstation Titlis), I’d reach Luzern by 1349. I would have time to visit the Transport Museum that afternoon or could just wander around the town to return to Sachseln in the evening.

I’m still awaiting a response from Baeren – Ranflueh for the confirmation of my booking on the 11th Sept.

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 February 2019 at 2:01:19 #901479

<<“I’m still awaiting a response from Baeren – Ranflueh for the confirmation of my booking on the 11th Sept.”>>

Based on the information that I sent earlier, I’d not be surprised if they took time off while the upgrade to the inn was occurring and went skiing for a while.

I’d wait until after the 4th, and try again. And, a phone call would not be out of order,as long as you keep the time zones in mind.

Slowpoke

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    1 February 2019 at 21:16:01 #901480

Hi Monica,

Bären Ranfluh is closed Jan. 6 to Feb. 4. They are renovating their bathrooms!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 February 2019 at 21:53:50 #901481

Hi Snowman-

<<“Aus diesem Grund bauen wir um. Wir werden den Eingangsbereich und die Sanitären Anlagen komplett erneuern. Während den “schlimmsten” Umbauarbeiten werden wir den Betrieb gezwungenermassen schliessen. Das heisst

der “Bäre Raufli” ist vom 06. Januar bis und mit 04. Februar 2019 geschlossen. Wir freuen uns, Sie alle ab Dienstag, 05. Februar 2019 wieder zu begrüssen.

Das Hotel ist bereits wieder ab dem 20. Januar 2019 verfügbar. Montag bis Freitag ist Check-In jeweils zwischen 18.00 bis 19.00 Uhr. Falls Sie zu dieser Zeit nicht anreisen können, melden Sie sich rasch per Telefon bei uns! Samstag und Sonntag Anreise nur nach telefonischer Absprache.

Äs isch de no nid aues fertig – aber äs besseret vo Tag zu Tag! Wir rechnen mit einer Einschränkung und Umbauzeit bis ca. Ende April 2019. Wir freuen uns aber, wenn Sie uns trotzdem besuchen und danken schon jetzt für das Verständnis während dieser Umbauphase!

Sie erreichen uns jederzeit unter der Telefonnummer +41 (0) 34 496 59 00 oder

per E-mail info@baeren-ranflueh.ch

Unsere Öffnungszeiten

Dienstag bis Freitag

ab 08.30 bis 23.30 Uhr geöffnet

Samstag

ab 09.00 bis 23.30 Uhr geöffnet”>”>>

aber äs besseret vo Tag zu Tag!

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2019 at 6:59:13 #901482

Hi Slowpoke

Thank you for letting me know that they are closed for renovation. A big thanks to Google as well for translating your German post into English for me. I’m sure I’ll be an expert in yet another language by the time I visit the Swiss Alps!

Jokes apart, thank you so much for your concern for me. You’re indeed a blessing!

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 February 2019 at 23:11:21 #901483

Hi Monica- as a test, I e-mailed Bären Ranflüh requesting a reservation the night after your proposed date.

I got an affirmative reply, with an apology for the delayed response.

Here it is in German.

<<“Anfrage

Bären Gasthof <[email protected]> Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 5:51 PM

To: “xxxxxxxxxxxxx”

Guten Abend Herr xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bitte entschuldigen Sie unsere verspätete Antwort. Sehr gerne offerieren wir Ihnen wie folgt:

Vom 12. bis 13. September 2019 für eine Nacht

1 wunderschönes und grosszügiges Einzelzimmer mit Dusche/WC, Radio und TV, sowie Gratis W-LAN

zum Preis von CHF 90.00 pro Zimmer/Nacht inklusive Frühstück und Parkplatz direkt beim Haus

Bitte bestätigen Sie mir diese Buchung unter Angabe einer kompletten Adresse und Telefonnummer.

Wir freuen uns sehr, wenn Sie zu uns ins Emmental reisen.

Gerne warten wir auf Ihren Bescheid.

Winterliche Grüsse

Doris Grossen-Dubach

Gasthof Bären

Zollbrückstrasse 35

3439 Ranflüh

Tel. 034 496 59 00/Fax 034 496 56 72″>>

I forgot to mention private bath and toilet…but they included it. Breakfast, too. So 90 CHF is not too bad.

If you have not gotten an answer yet, I’d be surprised. Note that they also have a fax number.

I shall wait a decent interval, then cancel my request with some excuse. Please let us know if you did or did not not get a reply.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2019 at 0:15:10 #901484

Hi Slowpoke

Thank you for writing to Bären Ranflüh on my behalf. I misunderstood your previous post and thought you had accidentally written to me in German. I had a 8 hour conference yesterday plus 4 hours of travelling time, no wonder I missed out on the details. i’m sorry I should have been more careful!

I also received an email from Bären Ranflüh this morning as well to confirm my booking on 11th-12th Sept. It was the same email that you received. Is it okay for me to respond to them in English though there’s was in German?

It’s such a relief to have had a confirmation from the places. Immensely grateful to you.

Monica

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 February 2019 at 1:41:45 #901485

You may reply in English.

Happy travels.

Slowpoke

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • The thread ‘Travelling to the Swiss Alps in Sept 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.