Travelling to Zermatt from Geneva or Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2019 at 14:30:38 #823854

Hi all.

You helped me so much when I arranged my first trip to Switzerland in 2018. We loved it so much we went back again last year, but this year we want to stay in Zermatt. Before we have always flown to Zurich and have navigated our way around with absolutely no problems – last year we stayed in Arosa.

I’m trying to work out whether to fly to Zurich or Geneva with time. Are there any pros and cons for either options? Train distance seems similar although train prices seem slightly more expensive from Zurich. It looks as if the Swiss Transfer ticket has been discontinued so any recommendations on tickets would be brilliant. Once we get to Zermatt we plan on staying put. We will however be wanting to use the cable cards, Gornergrat railway, etc within the resort.

We don’t ski, just use hiking trails and sit and take in the breathtaking scenery and soak up the atmosphere!

Many thanks.

• The thread ‘Travelling to Zermatt from Geneva or Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.