Swiss rail tickets/passes for 3 adults 8 kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 21:46:11 #817110

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best option for rail travel with 3 adults and 8 kids 12-15yrs old. We are travelling for 2 days in Switzerland. One day we travel from Geneva to Adelboden Oey and a week later we travel from Adelboden Oey to Grindelwald, then to Jungfraujoch and then back via Wengen and on to Zurich/Kloten.

Three of the kids will be travelling with a parent, so I am aiming for a Swiss Family Card for these three. The other 5 kids are not related to the adults who are supervising them. I think I can get them a CHF16 Child’s day pass for the two days. This would cover them to Grindelwald and from Wengen. The portion not covered by the pass would be Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch – Wengen, is there a discounted children’s ticket? When I search it I get the same price as an Adult 1/2 fare (with the half fare card). I looked at the children’s co-travel card but it says not valid for groups, am I correct in thinking that we would not qualify for this card?

For the adults, I am thinking the Half Fare Card is the best bet since we will benefit from the 1/2 fare savings on regular tickets and the Jungfraujoch portion of the trip. Can I purchase all of these cards in Geneva or do I have to purchase them before we arrive? Does all of this make sense? I just want to be sure I am not missing anything. I know we have to check the weather but I want to be prepared. Thanks!!

• The thread ‘Swiss rail tickets/passes for 3 adults 8 kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.