Swiss rail tickets/passes for 3 adults 8 kids

Swiss rail tickets/passes for 3 adults 8 kids

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jacqueline f
Jacqueline f
1 post
Jul 5, 2018 - 9:46 PM

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best option for rail travel with 3 adults and 8 kids 12-15yrs old. We are travelling for 2 days in Switzerland. One day we travel from Geneva to Adelboden Oey and a week later we travel from Adelboden Oey to Grindelwald, then to Jungfraujoch and then back via Wengen and on to Zurich/Kloten.

Three of the kids will be travelling with a parent, so I am aiming for a Swiss Family Card for these three. The other 5 kids are not related to the adults who are supervising them. I think I can get them a CHF16 Child's day pass for the two days. This would cover them to Grindelwald and from Wengen. The portion not covered by the pass would be Grindelwald - Jungfraujoch - Wengen, is there a discounted children's ticket? When I search it I get the same price as an Adult 1/2 fare (with the half fare card). I looked at the children's co-travel card but it says not valid for groups, am I correct in thinking that we would not qualify for this card?

For the adults, I am thinking the Half Fare Card is the best bet since we will benefit from the 1/2 fare savings on regular tickets and the Jungfraujoch portion of the trip. Can I purchase all of these cards in Geneva or do I have to purchase them before we arrive? Does all of this make sense? I just want to be sure I am not missing anything. I know we have to check the weather but I want to be prepared. Thanks!!

Lucas
Lucas
8933 posts
expert &
Jul 6, 2018 - 7:51 AM in reply to Jacqueline f

Hi Jacqueline f and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Indeed, there are a lot of options for rail passes.

If the parents have the Swiss Half Fare Card then their kids can get free travel on the (also free) Swiss Family Card. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swissfamilycard

They can be ordered at the same time and you can order online with email delivery (easiest option and it gives you an electronic backup to print again in case you lose your pass). https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price

For the remaining children, I agree the 1 day travel pass for children would be the best option I think: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts.

Last modified on Jul 6, 2018 - 8:52 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018