Trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch fun for kids?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 0:41:53 #808843

i know it is a long trip up to the summit, but was wondering if it would be fun for young (5-7) yr old kids or is this more of an adult type attraction.? I would hate to make both the time & monetary investment and have unhappy/whiny kids all the way up/down the mountain. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 8:44:47 #850477

I (we) don’t no you kids are whiny or unhappy in a train.

Your kids are not so young that they not can play in the snow on the Jungfraujoch. You can also walk to the Mönchhutte, about 40 minutes walk through the snow. I think they like it !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 9:01:36 #850478

I stayed two weeks ago in Grindelwald with my family (two children near this age). We spent all the afternoon sledging between Alpine and Brandegg and this is very fun.

Also we went to Kleine Scheidegg to take photos of the views; you can see the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau and there is a Beginners Park to sledging or sky.

You can slegding between Kleine Scheidegg-Wengen or between Grindelwald-First:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tou rism/experiences/sledg ing-hiking/#a-grindelwald-wengen-sledging-day-pass_404

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass only pay the adults.

Andrés

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 9:39:25 #850479

We are also in the winter in Berner Oberland, but we do not now Mlira28 visit Berner Oberland in Winter or Summer.

Alpine = Alpiglen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 13:37:38 #850480

We would be visiting 1st week of September. Thoughts?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2016 at 20:31:27 #850481

The most important when visiting the Jungfraujoch is the weather, especially in September can be a problem. It is then fall in Switzerland.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 April 2016 at 6:54:29 #850482

In general the weather in September is very nice. But it varies from day to day and even by the hour. So you can’t plan for that until you’ve seen the weather forecast the prior evening or the same morning.

• The thread ‘Trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch fun for kids?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.