Tickets or pass for trip from Lucern to Mt Pilatus

Tickets or pass for trip from Lucern to Mt Pilatus

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sheryl2017
sheryl2017
3 posts
Mar 14, 2017 - 7:50 PM

HI, I'm trying to plan a trip up to Mt Pilatus on May 25th. We're only going to be in Lucern for 2 days and we really want to do this trip. We would like to go from Lucern, across the lake by boat, up the mountain by cog rail, back down by cable car and then back to Lucern by bus. Has anyone done this recently? Can you recommend it? Do we need to buy a Golden Package Pass . I'm fine doing that if that's the easiest way to travel. Any help is most appreciated Thanks

chandraks
chandraks
111 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 3:06 AM in reply to sheryl2017

Hi Sheryl, you can check the different route options here www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/gettingthere. Since you are only going to be there for two days in Lucerne, I would suggest Mt. Titlis rather than Pilatus as this is much more spectacular and the ride also has different options including longer cable car rides. I liked Mt. Titlis the most.

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2017 - 8:50 AM in reply to sheryl2017

Hi sheryl2017 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can do the route you suggested on your own or as a tour - up to you!
Both Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis are great options and both fairly simple to get to from Luzern (local German spelling).

Are you planning on buying point to point tickets or will you have a rail pass such as the Swiss Travel Pass?

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 17, 2017 - 3:50 PM by Arno
sheryl2017
sheryl2017
3 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 1:37 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas, we were planning on buying point to point tickets. We will not be using a Swiss Travel Pass since we're only travelling roundtrip from Basel to Lucern by train and then doing the route up Mt Pilatus. I didn't think that the pass would be worth the price but you might know otherwise. Thanks for your quick response.. Sheryl

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2017 - 4:12 PM in reply to sheryl2017

Hi Sheryl,

Yes you are right, for that itinerary, point to point tickets are probably your best bet.

Lucas

sheryl2017
sheryl2017
3 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 4:32 PM in reply to Lucas

Ok. Last question... Is it better to buy point to point tickets or something called the Golden Pass?

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2017 - 6:26 AM in reply to sheryl2017

Hi Sheryl,

Are you referring to the Golden round-trip route for Mt. Pilatus? This can be done individually (with point to point tickets) or as a guided tour. It is just the name given to a specific route to get up and down Pilatus. There is also a shorter Silver route.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017