Trip in December 10 days itinerary

Trip in December 10 days itinerary

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Thauhui
Thauhui
2 posts
Mar 26, 2017 - 5:38 AM

My tentative itinerary to Europe for a family of 4 from December 06 to 23, IN Budapest (from Malaysia) and OUT Zurich.

(IN) Budapest (2 nights) - Vienna (2 nights) - Salzburg (2 nights - includes day trip to Hallstatt) - Innsbruck (1 night) - St Moritz (2 nights) - Zurich (day trip) - Lucerne (2 nights) - Basel (transit) - Colmar (1 night) - Bern (4 nights - day trips to Interlaken, Montreux & Geneva) - (OUT) Zurich.

Questions:

1) which websites to source for train tickets for all sectors?

2) As the weather in "Top of Jungfrau" is unpredictable, we therefore set our base at Bern for 4 nights so that we have alternatives (Bern, Montreux n Geneva) to visit with convenience. Is it a good idea to set our base at Bern?

3) where is the best point to view a pond reflection of Piz Nair in St Moritz and what hotels are nearby?

Comments/suggestions on this arrangement are welcome and appreciated?

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 26, 2017 - 8:41 AM in reply to Thauhui

Hi Thauhui and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can find rail passes just for Switzerland here. I would look at the Swiss Travel Pass for you trip as it will include virtually all trips within Switzerland that you take (exception being Jungfraujoch where you get a 25% discount on the trip between Wengen and Jungfraujoch).
    For the other countries you can look at the Eurail Select Pass to cover trips within the other countries on your itinerary.
  2. Bern is a good base for trips between Montreux or Jungfraujoch. Another option is Interlaken but it is a bit smaller and maybe not as much to do in the town itself as Bern. I'm not sure I would do a day trip to Geneva from either town though.
  3. I'm not sure about the viewpoint for a reflection of Piz Nair - but we can recommend some hotels in St. Moritz.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 26, 2017 - 1:13 PM by Arno
Thauhui
Thauhui
2 posts
Mar 30, 2017 - 4:13 AM

Thanks Lucas for your prompt reply

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017