Trip report 14 days Luzern, Zermatt, Interlaken

• Yulius1970
    Participant
    33 posts
    19 May 2022 at 7:46:33 #827228

Hello,

We just came home from Switzerland ( we spend 14 days in Switzerland) and had a great time there.

First, I want to thank you so much for the everyone assistance from this site. It helped us so much for itinerary, transportation, weather condition.

We bought Swiss Travel Pass ( it very important for us to travel around Swiss with this STPass ) and instal SBB Mobile timetable for schedule train, boat , bus )

Our Itinerary :

1.Zurich – Luzern – to Stanserhorn – ride Cabrio ( open Cable Car ) – Luzern

2. Luzern – Mt Titlis – Mt Rigi

3. Luzern – Andermatt – ride Glacier Express ( book seat via online ) – Zermatt

4. Zermatt – to Brig – Stockalper Castle . ( our plan to visit Matternhorn Glacier Paradise but the weather was not good )

5. Zermatt – Gornergrat – Rotenboden – Zermatt

6. Zermatt – Montreux – Chillon Castle – Geneva ( visit Old Town) – Montreux

7. Visit Freddy Mercury Statue and Queen Studio – LauternbrunnenMurren – Gimmewald – Lauternbrunen.

8. Lauterbrunen – JungfraujochWengen – Lauternbrunen.

9. Lauternbrunen – Interlaken – by Boat to Itsewald – Interlaken.

10. Interlaken – Blausee – BernThun – Interlaken

11. Interlaken – First Grindewald – Grindewald – Spiez – Interlaken

12. Interlaken – Zurich – Rheinfalls – Zurich

13. Zurich – Wasserauen – Ebenalp – Wildkirchi – Appenzell – St Gallen – Zurich.

14. Zurich – Landquart Factory Outlet – Valle Verzasca – Zurich

regards,

Yulius

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2022 at 9:32:18 #942050

Hi Yulius,

thank you for your kind words on MySwissAlps.com and the forum, we are very glad that you found it useful.

Also, I am happy, that you had a nice holiday. You’ve seen a lot! Weather can be unpredictable, but you’ve been flexible which is great.

Is there anything that you liked especially? Or do you have maybe some tips for the other readers that you would like to share?

Take care,

Ildiko

Yulius1970
    Participant
    33 posts
    19 May 2022 at 14:28:40 #942051

Hi Ildiko, Anna, Arno,

Thank you very much! For me there is nothing more I can ask from our previous trip to Switzerland! Especially for the SBB mobile app, which is very helpful and useful for us as a tourist. It’s very ontime also very easy to use due to the user-friendly interface. Almost forget to mention the cleanliness of the trains which amaze me very much, and we always feel safe to travel in Switzerland! For the other readers, Switzerland is a very beautiful and also very amazing country. If you are not a big fan of driving, just hop on the train and stay on your SBB app because it is really really helpful. Just plan your destinations, and enjoy your vacation!

regards,

yulius

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2022 at 18:08:02 #942052

Hi Yulius,

thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I remember I had the same positive feeling regarding the cleanliness of the trains when I was traveling them for the first time 🙂 I am with you, the Swiss Rail System is amazing, no need to drive if you are visiting Switzerland.

Take care,

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Trip report 14 days Luzern, Zermatt, Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.