Trip report 4 days Luzern (2)

• Tommyc
    Participant
    17 posts
    11 January 2019 at 21:09:39 #819448

This is to continue from my last report dated Dec 20. This trip was in 2012, still remember everything.

Before continue, I must say this is a great forum site that provide us a lots of information planning to this beautiful Country, I can only join tours without it. Special thanks to Lucas, rockoyster, Slowpoke, Arno, and many others, too many to mention….

Last time I report about the Bernina Express and the Chapel Bridge, and now continue to Pilatus,

Mt. Pilatus – Good breakfast in the hotel was included, weather today was beautiful, blue sky and hardly found a cloud, walk to the station and train to Lucerne. boat dock is just outside of the Train station, we on board the boat to Alpnachstad, a very enjoyable boat ride. Off the boat, the cogwheel train is waiting for us to Pilatus. We spend 3 hours in the mountain top, strolling around with simple lunch. Three men wear black outfit blowing their Alphorn outside the observation deck, took some photos and tried the cliff walk, walk half way and couldn’t complete, because it slippery with ice and snow. We then took the cable car down, half way change another smaller cable car, which only two of us down to Kriens. Both cogwheel train and cable cars provide amazing scenery all the way, on the last leg cable car, it so close to the green meadow, we heard the sweet bell sound from the cow as if they are welcoming us.

I have attached some photos for the Mt. Pilatus, I am so blessing the weather was so beautiful. I will post the last part with photos about Transport Museum and the Rhine Falls next time.

Part 3: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-4-days-luzern-3

Tommy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2019 at 9:15:35 #901952

Thanks Tommy!

Some great pictures!

• The thread ‘Trip report 4 days Luzern (2)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.