Trip report 4 days Luzern (3)

• Tommyc
    Participant
    17 posts
    18 January 2019 at 20:53:56 #819538

This is the last part of the report from my trip 2012.

I decided to visit Transportation Museum in Luzern, and before I flew to London on the last day, for a limited time, don’t want to miss the Rhein Falls.

Transportation Museum – If you like train, boat, car or plane, don’t miss this museum, it was covered by the Travel Pass, the train section is so rich, very interesting, very classic, they has a huge collection from the older day.

Rhein Falls – No sun instead cloudy today, we decided to pay a visit to see the Rhein Falls in the North of Switzerland before we leave, locked the luggage in Zurich, and catch a train to Schloss Laufen am Rhein Fall, we then hike along the river for a hour and reach the falls, the falls not a huge like Niagara, but still spectacular to me, I wonder if there is any white-water rafting allow in here or in the Rhein River? If so, it will be very Challenging! This Fall is worth a visit, please see photos attached.

We on our way catch train back to Zurich, but we made a mistake, jump in the wrong train, we ask a lady sit beside us, and she said the train head to Germany, and she directed us back to the airport, very enthusiastic and friendly lady, so we drop off in the next station and took another train back. Fortunately, we don’t miss our plane.

That completely my four days trip in Switzerland, six years to now, I still remember those beautiful scenery everywhere that I had visited, I am planning another eight days trip in the coming September, planning to Bernese Oberland Region, Zermatt, and experience the Glacier Express……

Thanks to this Great Forum and all the expertise.

Back to part 1: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/later-report-4-days-in-luzerne-1

Tommy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 January 2019 at 21:17:01 #902422

Thanks to you Tommy! Yes, the museum is great isn’t it? I don’t think rafting is allowed on the Rhein river, never heard of it.

If you need help planning your next trip then you know where to go. Hope to see you back here!

• The thread ‘Trip report 4 days Luzern (3)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.