Trip report 5 days in Wengen in August

• Blanka
    Participant
    16 posts
    23 August 2019 at 20:10:27 #823545

Hi there, hope this post will be useful for future travelers to the wonderful Berner Oberland where I have been lucky to spend 5 days. My base was Wengen for 4 days and I couldn’t have chosen better, what a lovely town and welcoming people! Being a car-free town really makes a difference and you have all you need! I was staying at Alpenrose and service was excellent, such a lovely team! From Wengen I visited Kleine Scheidegg (hiking from Wengernalp to KS and then to Fallbodensee, not a difficult piece to hike and fews breathtaking)! Another day was dedicated to Schilthorn (from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen by train, then by bus to Stechelberg, cable car up to Mürren and by cable car again till Schilthorn with a stop at Birg). Amazing views once again! On the way down I jumped out at Mürren and enjoyed the walk till Grütschalp, again an easy trail! The next day was the challenging piece, starting early from Wengen to Schynigge Platte and enjoying the hike till First, what a scenic walk! I cannot hide I was a bit nervous hiking alone, but it was worth it all, incredible views all way long and perfectly doable having the right shoes and sufficient water! Bachalpsee on the way is simply amazing and then you reach First to take the cable car to Grindelwald😊 Thankful to all the useful info I could find on this group and especially to Kim for the Wengen guide which came very handy! Last day today in Interlaken, took the bus to Iseltwald to spend some hours there, I can tell Interlaken is way more touristy and crowded, for me Wengen is a winner offering the tranquility I was looking for. Cannot wait to be back to Switzerland, impressive nature!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2019 at 6:59:11 #920843

Hi Blanka,

Thanks for sharing about your wonderful trip! Good to hear you loved your time in and around Wengen. I hope to see you back here when preparing for your next trip 🙂 There’s much more left to explore, both in the Bernese Oberland and elsewhere in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2019 at 15:39:23 #920844

Thanks for posting.I will try some of your itinerary.Looking forward to Wengen

• The thread ‘Trip report 5 days in Wengen in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.