Trip report for 2 nights in Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 22:46:41 #815275

Once again I am not disappointed of taking advices from this incredible group of people.

We closed our trip in Montreux, lovely city ( specially this time of the year) lots of flowers and breathtaking views.

My mom and I stayed at Hotel Parc & Lac, right in front of the Lake Geneva and very cozy. Highly recomended. They also offer a small breakfast for 9.50 CHF. ( very cheap).

We arrived at around 1 pm from Murren, through the golden pass line, even though theres is a small interference of the train they have everything planned and you dont have to stressed about it. Between Chateau D’oex and Montbovon station they will be buses intead of train.

That same day that we arrived we went to Chillon castle, we walked from our hotel to there , it took us about 45 min. And I totally recomended if the weather if nice. Once in the castle the STP will covered 100% of the ticket and if you want to get an audioguide ( which I recomend) you only pay 6 CHF.

on our second day we went to Gruyéres. My favorite place for fondue and a sort of white cream and raspberries ( amazing combination) the entrance of the Gruyéres castle is also included on your STP as well as the little tour at the Gruyéres cheese factory.

We wanted to go to Chaplins World of Alimentarium after but unfortunately we were not smart enough and didnt check for train schedules so we lost an hour of our time and couldn’t make it to any of those.

The last day ( same day of our departure to prague) we left very early to the geneva airport and checked our luggage( you can do this 24 hours before your trip). And put out carry on luggage in lockers so we went to the city to see the United Nations and Jet D’leu. That was pretty much everything we wanted to see in Geneva and then back to the airport.

Thats it for my trip in Switzerland. I’ll try to post pictures when I get home.

Thank you soooo much for making this trip such an incredible experience.

Oriana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2018 at 6:13:26 #881986

Hi Oriana!

Thanks for the reports and glad to hear your trip went so well!
    All the best. 🙂

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 April 2018 at 9:40:06 #881987

Very nice to see a happy and satisfied traveller. Thanks for keeping us posted Oriana.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2018 at 21:25:33 #881988

Thank you for helping me to make this such an incredible trip.

I hope I can post soon to go back .Absolutely loved it .

Oriana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 15:34:25 #881989

Hi. I’ve got a fair idea of what to do in my family trip to Montreux. I would require some suggestions as we would be arriving from Paris at about 4 pm and then stay on for three nights in Montreux before we move to Geneva for one night. The long walks are out of question with our family but would love to have wonderful memories from this trip. Please suggest an itinerary for this trip.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 16:14:53 #881990

Hi Andrew7,

Could you please start a new thread here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/miscellaneous. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Trip report for 2 nights in Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.