Trip report for Mürren for 3 days in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 20:13:48 #815217

Hello everyone.

So after my trip in Lucerne, my mom and I went to Mürren. Let me tell you that it has been an incredible experience because we got to experiment the true alpine life that we were looking for, and also we had a VERY good weather.

We arrive to Mürren on april 7 at around 10:30am, that same day we went up to Piz Gloria (Swiss Travel Pass covers 100% of he trip), it was an incredible trip going up, ( a bit crowded because of all the skiing happening). I recomend going up to the top and eating on the revolving restaurant, I ordered the sausage coil and a cheese platter, I payed around 40 CHF (with a small soup and sparkling water), Not bad at all.

After that we went down to Brig and did the thrill walk and you better not miss this, it is incredible. I didnt have time to go to the bond world though.

On april 8th we went to Interlaken to walk around the lake, then head to Grindelwald and we were planning to go to Wengen through the Klein Scheidegg, but the STP wont cover this paft sp you have to go down to Zweilütschinen and change trains to go back to Lauterbrunnen. We ended up walking from Lauterbrunnen station to Stechelberg cable car (around 1:30 hour) that can also take you up to Mürren through Gimmewald (which is Rick steves favorite town).

And thats it for Murren. Next stop is Montreux, we are going to try to catch the Golden Pass train from Zweisimmen.

Hope all this information helps

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 April 2018 at 7:34:52 #881550

Sounds great Oriana. How are those pictures coming along?

Just to avoid confusion for other readers the Thrill Walk is at Birg not Brig. And you can go from Grindelwald to Wengen via Kleine Scheidegg but you only get 25% discount on the ticket with the STP.

By the way Rick Steves has a lot to answer for – http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/permalink/gy ndJ6DW9mqS6v8AAFcRTQ. 😇

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 10:22:45 #881551

Hi oricanada,

Thanks a lot for sharing your trip report! I hope you’re enjoying Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 18:55:00 #881552

Thanks for the correction Rockoyster. The route from Grindenwald to Wengen through kleine Scheidegg might be 25% discount but it sounds really expensive 41CHF one way per person, so I got off the folowing station and went back to Grindelwald. Hehehe.

Im trying to figure out the pictures, I have them in my phone so I dont know how to make them smaller.

BTW just arrived to Montreux and this place is so lovelg and colorful, Im loving it.

I’ll make my last post in a couple of days after I finish with this part pf the trip.

oriana

• The thread ‘Trip report for Mürren for 3 days in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.