• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2016 at 12:17:22 #810010

Hi Friends ,

After receiving wonderful help and suggestions for my earlier inquires :

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/5-days-switzerland-trip

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/4-night-accommodation-at-interlaken

We have modified a bit our itinerary (2 Adults with 1.25 year old kid)

Day 1 (15th Sep): Arrive at Basel at 9:30 morning . Train to Interlaken (Ringgenberg base) ; visit Schynige Platte

Day 2 (16th Sep): Travel to Jungfrau

Day 3 (17th Sep): Visit Titlis

Day 4 (18th Sep): Travel through Golden Pass. ( Interlaken to Montreux!! , return via fast train !!)

Day 5 (19th Sep) : Train to Basel , visit basel and fly back

Now your valuable suggestion required for:

1 – Which travel pass should I buy and what extra tickets I have buy to later?

2- are these places accessible with child buggy/pram?

3- What should we do at each place when our major interest to gather memorable pictures?

4- Is Golden pass trip only sitting in train and having panoramic view or should we get down somewhere in between ?

5 – Anything else you think we should or could do in this trip without being hectic?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 August 2016 at 13:56:05 #855629

Hi Ambrocks,

1. Personally I would continue to Basel after reaching Montreux on day 4, and book a hotel there for one night. You’ll save time, and money too. In this case a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would fit perfectly. It even includes Schynige Platte for free. One other option to consider is the Swiss Half Fare Card. Either of these can be printed at home: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en to do so. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass in 1 to 3 business days (so order in time!). You don’t need a pass for the child. You don’t need other tickets in advance, but you can visit our attraction pages to find online purchase links if you prefer that.

2. Yes, you can get everywhere with a fold-able buggy.

3. Please go to our top menu and visit our pages for the various attractions and towns. You’ll find lots of tips there. Or use the search box.

4. Many people just do the ride, but you can stop anywhere you like. Spiez (the harbor) and Gstaad are nice towns for a short break.

5. If you start day 2 early you might do a short walk in the afternoon, or a boat trip on Lake Brienz: myswissalps.com/ interlaken/ activities.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2016 at 15:09:14 #855630

Thanks Arno for all the answers ,

few more queries :

1 Am I looking at the right pass here and buy it nl.voyages-sncf.com/nl/pass/one-country-pass/zwitserland ?

2 : what kind of clothing would be enough ?

Regards

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 September 2016 at 17:53:06 #855631

Hi Ambrocks,

1. No, that’s a different pass. I explained how to buy it in my previous post. Didn’t that work for you? If you want to see all purchase options, then you can have a look at the Swiss Travel Pass page: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

2. The trick is to have multiple thinner layers as the weather can really be anything, and it can vary by the day (or even the hour) and by altitude. Please see myswissalps.com/ weather.

Are you Dutch? You can post in the Dutch forums as well: myswissalps.com/ nl/forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2016 at 8:05:30 #855632

Hi Arno,

As I have bought Swiss travel pass for 4 days , I want to inquire what other tickets I have to buy for our Titlis and Juangfrah visits , Can I buy them in advance .

Thanks in Advance

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 September 2016 at 11:13:22 #855633

Hi Ambrocks,

Great! Now you can check the Swiss Travel Pass map and additional info on that page for what’s covered (no tickets needed) and what’s discounted, or not included at all. Ticket information can be found on all our attraction pages: Titlis, Jungfraujoch, etc.

• The thread ‘Trip suggestions and rail pass inquiry’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.