About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Boat on Lake Brienz from Interlaken to Giessbach
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Boat on Lake Brienz from Interlaken to Giessbach

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hani
Hani
6 posts
Sep 19, 2019 - 5:51 AM

Hi Team

I am travelling from Montreux to Giessbach on 20 Oct via the following route :

Montreux – Zweisimmen(Golden Pass MOB Panoramic)

Zweisimmen – Interlaken OST (Golden Pass Line)

Interlaken OST (See) – Giessbach See (Boat)

I need advise on the above route :

1. Are all the above train and boat rides free with STP?

2. STP includes free Lake Brienz Boat Trip. Based on the route provided on this page, the boat trip is to Brienz whilst the boat I planned to take is to Giessbach. Am I right to say, if I am to consider taking the Lake Brienz Boat, I need to take another boat ride from Brienz to Giessbach?

3. How different is the boat ride between the two i.e. one to Brienz and the other direct to Giessbach. Which is a better route to take?

Thank you.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1022 posts
top member &
Sep 19, 2019 - 11:44 AM in reply to Hani

Hi Hani,

first of all, Swiss Travel Pass includes all of those routes, the Golden Pass and also the boats on Lake Brienz: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity (download the validity map to check it).

You'll find the route description of the Golden Pass at www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere. Although seat reservations are not compulsory on the Golden Pass we recommend it on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets. So, with the Swiss Travel Pass you do not need to buy tickets but you can purchase the seat reservations for the Golden Pass, if you wish.

There are direct ships from Interlaken to Giessbach See, see the timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. It takes an hour to get there. More about the boat trips on Lake Brienz at www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakebrienz/gettingth ere. I do not think it matters if you go to Giessbach See direct or you change boats somewhere, you will have the opportunity to see the same from both routes.

See also:

I hope this helps.

--- UPDATE---

In your other duplicated thread at https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/trip -from-montreux-to-interlaken you also asked about an alternative train route to return. I like the idea, that you travel on a different route, although for me the same route but in different directions are never the same :) If you want to see more from the country you can travel on a different route, of course. Swiss Travel Pass gives you free train rides if you are not leaving Switzerland.

Let me know if you need further advices on your holiday.

Last modified on Sep 19, 2019 - 4:56 PM by Ildiko
Hani
Hani
6 posts
Sep 19, 2019 - 2:18 PM

Dear Ildiko

My bad for the duplicate thread. Wanted to initially sent in one thread but not sure whether I should do so because it is on different questions. This is my first self guided trip in a foreign country and lots of information to digest and comprehend. Months of reading to derive with a suitable itinerary and this forum is indeed a useful . Noted on your recommendation on seat reservation and thank you for your reply. Got your appoint about 'same route but in different directions are never the same'. Shall stick with the same route. Thank you, Ildiko.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020