Trip to Jungfraujoch from Gimmelwald

• hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 8:37:05 #815041

Hi,

I have attached my plan for Jungfrau from my hotel in Gimmellwald. Pls advise if it is doable.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Kumareson

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 March 2018 at 9:04:55 #880336

Hello Kumareson,

Looks feasible to me assuming you have these trip departure times from the SBB Timetable. Is there something specific about your plan that is troubling you?

How is Gimmewald at this time of year?

You might want to check the weather forecast (http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/weather/#jungf raujoch) and webcam (bit.ly/2pORTKs) before you set off.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 9:24:58 #880337

Thanks rockoyster,

Actually i to the timings of google map schedule. Btw the plan is for June 18. Would the timimgs for the train be very different between google map schedule and the SBB timetable?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Kumareson

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 11:26:19 #880338

Hi Kumareson,

Google Maps is probably correct…but I would always go by the Swiss railways timetable – it would always be correct and up to date.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:26:05 #880339

Thanks Lucas,

I am slowly getting the hang of planning the routes and using the timetable.

Can I also check is there anything I can do in interlaken( besides the castle visits and cruise on lake Thun and beinz) or Lauterbrunen with half a day.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Kumareson

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:28:58 #880340

Hi,

Another query on jungfrau. Do we need to do reservation for the train tickets. Or buy realtime based on the weather?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Kumareson

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:54:15 #880341

I would stay in the Lauterbrunnen valley. You can go to Trümmelbach Falls, go to Schynige Platte or hike/walk to Stechelberg

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 March 2018 at 14:30:10 #880342

Hi Kumareson,

I noticed the 3-hour Lauterbrunnen city tour in your plan. Note that Lauterbrunnen is a small village, not a city. Unless you have a really specific plan, you won’t be able to spend 3 hours in Lauterbrunnen itself. The walk that Lucas mentioned is a good option to spend some more time around the village, and it will get you back to the cable car up to Gimmelwald.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 14:36:52 #880343

Thanks Arno,

Much appreciated.

Best regards

Kumareson

• The thread ‘Trip to Jungfraujoch from Gimmelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.