Trip to Schilthorn Piz Gloria in August tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 15:35:54 #821742

Hi

I am trying to determine if the following is possible as well as what the cost would be assuming I have a swiss rail pass (travel is in August)

Train from Wilderswill to Lauterbrunnen

Cable car to Grutschalp

Walk the trail beside the train track to Winteregg

Board the train at Winteregg to Murren

OR

(the sommerguide 2019) shows a series of chair lifts from Winteregg to Sonnerberg. Are they operational during the summer? From Sonnerberg how do you get to the lift at Murren

From Murren the lift up to Birg. Do you have any idea of the cost of the Skyline walk or Thrill walk?

From there the lift to Schilthorn Piz Gloria.

Last question, when returning to Wilderswill, what route would one take to include Trummelbachfalle falls on trip back.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 May 2019 at 21:19:05 #912882

Hello Dans and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg) and even Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. The entire circuit and side trips are free with the Swiss Travel Pass apart from the Allmendhubel Funicular (50% discount) and the Falls (modest entry fee).

As far as I know the chairlifts only operate during ski season.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2019 at 22:06:48 #912883

Thank you for your advise.

Just to verify. At Brig are the Skyline walk and Thrill walk free if we both have the Swiss Rail Pass.

At Schilthorn is there anything you recommend to do other then take in the view.

I will be traveling with my 16 year old daughter.

Thanks again.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 May 2019 at 22:41:23 #912884

At Brig are the Skyline walk and Thrill walk free if we both have the Swiss Rail Pass.

Correct.

See http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn for what to expect.

• The thread ‘Trip to Schilthorn Piz Gloria in August tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.