Trip to Schilthorn with swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2017 at 9:54:41 #810694

Hello everybody.

Me and my wife are going to visit Switzerland on 12th of February for 5 days and 4 nights ( Cant wait anymore, just take me there now).

My itinerary would be

D1 : Geneva to interlaken via golden pass line

D2/D3 ( depending on weather) : option 1) interlaken to bern , option 2 ) up to the schilthorn from interlaken

D4 : interlaken to lucerne

D5 : lucerne to geneva and back to the boring life

anyway i am buying the 4 Days swiss pass as i think this is the best to fully utilise.

However, i am not sure whether on the day of the trip to schilthorn, that i would need to validate one day on the swiss pass? ( i do not want to do this as it will take one day off our journey)

2) I saw that the offer is 50% off cable cars, so does that mean the rest of the journey is covered in the swiss pass (bus and train), and hence i have to validate it for that particular day journey.

it confuses me because according to this website schilthorn.ch/en/Angeb ot/Timetable__Tariffs/ Price_roundtriptickets

a roundtrip from interlaken back, with a swiss pass only cost CHF41.

It seems to me like, i can just use the swiss pass as an evidence of me to get a completely new round trip ticket from interlaken for that cost, and dont even need to validate my swiss pass.

Maybe all of this questions and concern can be answered in just one asnwer, and i am just trying to make it so clear to the great guys who are helping us.

thank you.

azman and fatimah

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 January 2017 at 13:58:23 #858554

Hi Azman and Fatimah,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! It looks like you have it basically right, but to be sure here’s a bit of explanation:

• You do not need a Swiss Pass. That’s a product for Swiss citizens only. A tourist product is the Swiss Travel Pass, and also the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.
    • It sounds like you are considering the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. This is the one you can validate for days of traveling you choose yourself. You can’t do so with a Swiss Travel Pass, which is for consecutive days, so there nothing to choose from besides the start date. Please see the linked pages for details.
    • A Swiss Travel Pass Flex is only valid on the days you validate it. On others days there is no free traveling, no discounts, and no entrance to museums.
    • The price you found is correct, as the pass covers most of that trip for free. It’s only Mürren to Schilthorn and back you need to pay for, and that leg is 50% discounted.

Does this clarify things for you?

• The thread ‘Trip to Schilthorn with swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.