Trip to Swiss Alps in mid August for 8 - 10 nights

Trip to Swiss Alps in mid August for 8 - 10 nights

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SGboy
SGboy
1 post
May 1, 2018 - 4:38 AM

Hello MySiwssAlps members,

This is my first time posting a thread in this forum so apologies if there are any mistakes or if anything not go by forum rules.

Me,my wife and my 5 year old Son are planning to visit Switzerland in mid Aug to mid September for 8 to 10 nights.

Please recommend or suggest a itinerary with few of the things which we must want to include:

- Snow peaks (sledging, snow walks, and if possible a Helicopter ride)

- Glacier Express and other train rides which we should cover

- Scenic beauty (places to visits like waterfalls, lakes,mountains (Jungfraujoch and Mount Titlis), etc.)

- a short (1 or 2 day) road trip

Some of the places which i searched upon and zeroed in are Interlaken, Lucerne, St. Moritz, Zermatt,Montreux

Note: We will fly from Singapore to Zurich (return ticket)

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 1, 2018 - 10:41 AM in reply to SGboy

Hi SGboy, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

We are not here to create itineraries, but we do have information for you that will help get you started:

1. For a snow experience you could have a look at Mt. Titlis. If you use the search box at the top of this page, you'll find information about helicopter flights of other forum members.
  2. Depending on your itinerary I would have a look at Glacier Express, Golden Pass, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express.
  3. There is a lot of this in the Jungfrauregion.
  4. Have a look at traveling by car and scenic drives in the Swiss Alps.

Lucerne, St Moritz, Zermatt and Montreux are all nice places. If you're visiting the Jungfrauregion I would recommend not to stay in Interlaken but in Grindelwald or Wengen.

Other pages not to miss:

rockoyster
rockoyster
3712 posts
expert
May 1, 2018 - 10:52 AM in reply to SGboy

Also before you decide to go driving read this.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018