Trip to swiss in May 2012

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2012 at 3:31:47 #804996

My wife and I intend to visit swiss and will stay at a resort at Leysin. We are buying 4days swiss flexi pass under 2 for 1 offer presently on. This is my second vosit to swiss. Out of these four days, one day will be spent for reaching Leysin from Geneva and another on the return to geneva airport. For balance 2 days, I want to cover Alps Glaciers with the flexi pass. I would like to spend reasonable, in addition to the said flexi pass. My questions are
    1) To have a good view of Alps, we want to visit from Leysin to Andermatt in a day and back.It is about 4 hours journey. Can I do this journey without reservation and any extra fair?
    2) On another day, we want to go by train from Lesin to Lucerne and back, which is again about 4 hours one side by train. Can I do this journey without reservation and any extra fair?
    Please comment on the schedule or propose the better one. Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 March 2012 at 11:46:38 #835108

Hi jogijsr! The trips Leysin-Andermatt and Leysin-Lucerne are for free if you use a free travel day. Additional cable cars/mountain trains will be discounted. Please refer to the validity network map we link to from the Swiss Flexi Pass page for specifics.

You don’t need any seat reservations, except if you plan to travel in special scenic trains (such as the Golden Pass line or the Glacier Express).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 8:23:40 #835109

Thanks Arno,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I think , I should activate my pass on 05th May 2012 while travelling from Geneva Airport to Leysin Village. To utilise one free day extra, in addition to 4 days Flexi pass two for one, I should plan to buy return ticket on 12th May 2012 from Leysin to Geneva airport (which is seen to be CHF 22.6 per head). This will give me extra one day for long day rail trips within my validity.
    My questions
    1) Will this return ticket from Leysin village can be purchased on early morning say at 6.30 AM on 12th May 2012 at Leysin Village Station without any hassle?
    2) Does my above two day programme of visit, one day from Leysin-Andermatt & back and another from Leysin-Lucerne & back gives good outing experience of scenic beauty and snow covered area?
    If there is any better pragramme, kindly suggest.-JPal

Annika
    7116 posts
    11 March 2012 at 8:40:54 #835110

Hi Jpal. Yes, you can buy this ticket at the Leysin railway station. Your trips to Lucerne and Andermatt will be wonderful, but there are other options to visit the Alps that require less traveling time (for example: the lake Geneva region and Zermatt and its surroundings).

• The thread ‘Trip to swiss in May 2012’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.