Trip plans for 1 week Switzerland & Paris in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 1:49:35 #819212

Hi,

I along with my partner are planning to go for a honeymoon for 7N/8D honeymoon trip to Switzerland and Paris in the month of may.

my first question is with regards to the date. is it a good time to visit Switzerland in the month of May ?

my second question is with regards to type of vacation we want. We do not want to rush our trip in a hurry whereas we do not want it to be too relaxing. we want something which is a mix of both. I would like to get some suggestions on as to how can be go about doing that?

Also I have looked at the option of customizable tours. For example in one of the tours I am getting a 6n/7D package for AUD $2000 per person which includes: Lucerne, Interlaken and Paris which includes accomodation, breakfast, 4 Days Swiss Pass, Train tickets to Paris and other excursion activities. Not included in the list are airfares, Visa fees , city taxes etc. Please see the itenary attached with this thread.

I have a budget of around $5000 AUD(All inclusive) excluding air fares. Can I get something better if I plan to customise this myself and looking at the Itenary is it something that is quite exhaustive in terms if ticking off too many places in a short span of time?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 8:09:23 #900543

Hi Jolly123 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Generally speaking, I think people can get better prices doing the trip and planning on their own but that isn’t always the case. A lot depends on your choice of activities etc.

Switzerland in the lower altitudes can be very nice in May. It really depends on what you want to do here. Visit towns and lakes or spend time hiking in the mountains. Read more about when to visit Switzerland here: http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

As far as planning a trip on your own, that isn’t too rushed but not too relaxing, it will depend on what you decide to do and from where.

The best option, if you want to plan this on your own, is to decide first on what activities you want to do and towns you want to visit and then use the Swiss railways timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to see how long each trip will take.

Have a read through the following links for more details on what you can do in Switzerland and where you might like to visit/stay:

To me, trying to visit Interlaken, Lucerne and Paris in 6 nights is too quick but it will give you a brief look at Switzerland – perhaps enough to make you want to come back in the future for a longer trip. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2018 at 0:12:52 #900544

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for replying back to me with this one.I will have a look at the above links that you have sent me and get back to you on what I have understood so far. Once again thank you for sharing this information.

• The thread ‘Trip plans for 1 week Switzerland & Paris in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.