Trip to Switzerland in Aug – info on train passes

• Amod
    Participant
    6 posts
    2 August 2021 at 20:20:57 #825997

Hi all,

We are a couple travelling from Luxembourg to Switzerland next week. Below is our itinerary.

1 night in Zurich – we come to Zurich in the evening

2 nights in Zermatt – where we plan to visit Matterhorn, take the train to Gornergrat, if weather permits do five lakes hike.

2 nights in Interlaken – visit nearby attractions like lake brienz, harder kulm

3 nights in Mürren – where we would go to Top of Europe and so some hiking in nearby areas of Mürren

We will have 2 more days but we haven’t decided about it (good to make a spontaneous plan)

Here I would like an advice on selecting the train pass. I see there is a 5 days Jungfrau pass which should cover our days in Interlaken and Mürren including Top of Europe. Hope I am right here? And which pass would you suggest for the rest of the trip? Buying a full Swiss travel pass or half fare card?

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Amod

• The thread ‘Trip to Switzerland in Aug – info on train passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.