Trip to Switzerland in June -5 days trip plan help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 6:38:29 #815447

Hello readers,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland in Mid June this year from Frankfurt for 5/6 nights with my wife and a 3 year old kid and have zeroed in on a few places including Jungfraujoch, Harder Kulm, Titlis, Pilatus, Zermatt, Zurich, Rhine falls, Black forest. I mainly have two questions :-

1. Is Swiss pass valid anywhere in Switzerland and includes travel through all buses, trains and trams? and do I need to buy a separate pass for a 3 year old?

2. I want to make a base at one place specially while visiting the first 5 places as I do not wish to carry the burden of luggage while travelling. Would Bern be a good option to stay throughout the 4/5 nights and use rail/bus transport to travel to the first 5 places mentioned above . Thereafter I can leave for Zurich and have a tour for Rhine falls and Black forest (I think Swiss pass would not work for travel to Black forest as it is in Germany). Next day I will take flight back from Zurich to India.

Please can someone help me with the answers to the above questions. Would happy to have other suggestions.

Thank You.

Virat Puri

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 7:42:05 #882799

HI Virat and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. The Swiss Travel Pass is valid almost everywhere in Switzerland yes. See the PDF map of the coverage area and list of discounted mountains here. 3 year olds need to ticket or rail pass.
    2. No, Bern is too far I think from the locations you mention. Probably the most convenient for rail options would be Interlaken. For a a bit better Alps experience have a look at Lauterbrunnen (still reasonable to get out of the Jungfrau region).

If you want a tour for the Rhine Falls and Black Forest have a look at this one.

subaark
    Participant
    17 posts
    21 April 2018 at 14:40:36 #882800

Hi Virat

1. No ticket needed for 3 yr old. They travel free with Family card (free) along with their parents.

2. Luzern/Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen would be ok for stay. Rhine can be done from Zurich. With a 3 yr old, Titlis, Mt.Rigi ( free with travel pass), Pilatus and Luzern would be good. You can enjoy boating in Lake Luzern (free with travel pass). Jungfraujoch involves lots of train travel and depends heavily on the weather that day. Ice activities can enjoyed with older children

3. We also went to Lindt factory (Address: Pilgerweg 58, 8802 Kilchberg, Switzerland). Worth sampling and buying from them.

You allocate 1 day for Zurich , from which you can cover Rhine falls,factory and then fly out to India.

Have a Wonderful vacation

Suganthy

• The thread ‘Trip to Switzerland in June -5 days trip plan help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.