Credit card issue buying Swiss Travel Pass online

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 19:34:43 #817199

HI all,

I’m trying to buy a Swiss Travel pass online at the SBB site and having problems. I created an account and entered all the data for two 15 day passes. However, when I try to purchase them, it doesn’t go through. I’ve tried both VISA and Mastercard – no help. (FYI, I don’t have AMEX) In fact, for MC, I got as far as entering a confirmation code from the bank but it still failed. I’ve now done this on two different days.

Then I tried installing the app on my phone. However, I don’t see where you can buy the pass via the app. (I did see where you could buy individual tickets.)

I could wait until I arrive in Switzerland, but have an overnight flight from the U.S. and would really like not to have to deal with this before we take the train from the airport to Geneva.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 July 2018 at 19:43:29 #891020

Hi Ssboomer,

I think you’re trying to purchase from the domestic website. You’d better go to their tourist webshop: https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home.

You don’t need an account, nor do you need an app. Credit card issues are very rare there. I can’t recall the last time I heard of it related to that webshop.

An overview of all purchase options is here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Did this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 21:13:15 #891021

Thanks, Arno. That worked the first time! I thought I had started at the International Section of SBB, but maybe I somehow got led astray.

Now, another question. I downloaded the pdf tickets. However, it says that it must be printed out on A4 paper (8.27 × 11.69 in). I only have 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Do you think that will be a problem? I called my local office store and they didn’t even carry A4 paper. Or could I just show them the tickets on my smartphone?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 3:39:52 #891022

>> it says that it must be printed out on A4 paper (8.27 × 11.69 in). I only have 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Do you think that will be a problem?

As you know, A4 paper is 8.27 × 11.69 inches, so everything should fit on your slightly wider but shorter paper.

It’s important not to resize the print, so before printing, check the print settings. There is often a “shrink to fit” option, or option to print at a size less than 100%. Avoid using either of those – make sure to print at full size.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Credit card issue buying Swiss Travel Pass online’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.