Credit card issue buying Swiss Travel Pass online

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SSboomer
SSboomer
10 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 7:34 PM

HI all,

I'm trying to buy a Swiss Travel pass online at the SBB site and having problems. I created an account and entered all the data for two 15 day passes. However, when I try to purchase them, it doesn't go through. I've tried both VISA and Mastercard - no help. (FYI, I don't have AMEX) In fact, for MC, I got as far as entering a confirmation code from the bank but it still failed. I've now done this on two different days.

Then I tried installing the app on my phone. However, I don't see where you can buy the pass via the app. (I did see where you could buy individual tickets.)

I could wait until I arrive in Switzerland, but have an overnight flight from the U.S. and would really like not to have to deal with this before we take the train from the airport to Geneva.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Arno
Arno
11548 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 7:43 PM

Hi Ssboomer,

I think you're trying to purchase from the domestic website. You'd better go to their tourist webshop: https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home.

You don't need an account, nor do you need an app. Credit card issues are very rare there. I can't recall the last time I heard of it related to that webshop.

An overview of all purchase options is here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Did this help you out?

Last modified on Jul 10, 2018 - 7:44 PM by Arno
SSboomer
SSboomer
10 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 9:13 PM

Thanks, Arno. That worked the first time! I thought I had started at the International Section of SBB, but maybe I somehow got led astray.

Now, another question. I downloaded the pdf tickets. However, it says that it must be printed out on A4 paper (8.27 × 11.69 in). I only have 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Do you think that will be a problem? I called my local office store and they didn't even carry A4 paper. Or could I just show them the tickets on my smartphone?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 3:39 AM in reply to SSboomer

>> it says that it must be printed out on A4 paper (8.27 × 11.69 in). I only have 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Do you think that will be a problem?

As you know, A4 paper is 8.27 × 11.69 inches, so everything should fit on your slightly wider but shorter paper.

It's important not to resize the print, so before printing, check the print settings. There is often a "shrink to fit" option, or option to print at a size less than 100%. Avoid using either of those - make sure to print at full size.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jul 11, 2018 - 3:40 AM by Removed user

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018