Trummelbach Falls – how far from parking lot?

• agaertner
    Participant
    2 posts
    17 January 2017 at 3:44:18 #810592

We are doing a two-week family tour through our ancestral homeland and would like to visit Trummelbach Falls, but haven’t found any information on the distance and time needed to get to the falls from the designated parking lot.

Thanks for all your great information on this site.

Agnes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 8:33:40 #858135

Hi Agnes and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I haven’t been there but from what I can find it looks like its only a few minute walk from parking to the Falls. It is a tourist spot and not a remote location.

Another member who has been there can chime in for more exact details. 🙂

Lucas

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    17 January 2017 at 13:31:45 #858136

Hi Agnes, I’ve been in the Lauterbrunnen Valley many times which is where the Trummelbach Falls are located. I can confirm that the area for parking is right by the entrance to the Falls. Hope this helps, Jay Jay

SummitClym
    Participant
    41 posts
    17 January 2017 at 16:38:24 #858137

I have been through the falls twice and the walk from the parking lot to the falls is a short 5-10 minute walk, a little uphill but a very easy walk. Once through the ticket gate it is another very short (2 minute) walk to the funicular that takes you to the upper part of the pathway through the falls.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    17 January 2017 at 21:57:52 #858138

Have gone to Trummelbach Falls twice- last visit May 16—–Short walk to entrance which is uphill -lift will take you part way up inside mountain and ( just to warn if walking is an issue) then steep stairs to and uphill walking to top set of Falls (inside mountain)! You will enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

• The thread ‘Trummelbach Falls – how far from parking lot?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.