Tips for accommodation in Zurich Luzern and Wengen

• sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    12 February 2018 at 6:08:13 #814339

Experts

After going through the website looking at the forums trying to figure out whether chalets or apartments or hotels are better, I am leaning towards hotels as my stay will be shorter at 3 places.

Zurich – Here need your help in finding accomodation with lake view or close to lake. Staying for 2 nights

Luzern – staying for 2 nights. I am thinking of booking at ROESLI guest house. Any experiences or recommendations here? If I can get breakfast option, it will be helpful. If not, is those close to any bakeries or restaurants? If your recommendation is not this, which place is preferable?

Wengen – staying 2 nights. Here, I am thinking about Swiss Lodge Hotel Bernerhof. Does it have good views? Close to any food places? If this is not preferable, which one is better?

We are a family of 4 travelling.

Thanks

sreraku

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2018 at 9:40:07 #876185

Hi sreraku,

I haven’t stayed in the hotels you mention so I can’t give you a proper answer. We do list Swiss Lodge Hotel Bernerhof on our webstite. I don’t believe it has great views, but it is in the center so close to all facilities.

For more hotel suggestions please check out the following links:

You can also use the search box on the top right to search for “hotels” or ” hotels Wengen” etc. to find a few threads with our members’ preferences.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    12 February 2018 at 23:47:52 #876186

HiSreraku

I have stayed at the Beausite Park Hotel in Wengen several times and highly recommend it. You can check out customer reviews and a description at TripAdvisor. But I would change the filter on the website from the default “ best deals “ to highest rated. Beausite is rated #1. The view, accommodations, and food are excellent.

Normally I eat at different restaurants in town but the food and views at the hotel are so good I would consider the half board package. With the quality and convenience I don’t think you will be disappointed. Mark

sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    13 February 2018 at 6:04:44 #876187

Thanks Chantal and Mark.

Chantal

I will search for the hotels using search option to find experience from different members. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mark,

Looks like the dates are not open yet for that hotel in Oct (16-18). I see everyone going ga ga about the hotel. I guess I will stick to that in wengen. BTW, does the restuarant serve vegetarian food if I choose for half board?

I am looking at Zurich and Luzern too. I am still exploring. There is lot of info out there in the internet and is very tough to make a decision with the choices 🙂

Thanks

sreraku

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    13 February 2018 at 11:31:21 #876188

Sreraku, I believe there are vegetarian options but I would email the hotel and ask to be sure. Mark

• The thread ‘Tips for accommodation in Zurich Luzern and Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.