Trying to plan mannlichen-jungfraujoch trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 7:14:16 #811715

Hi! I’m planning a trip to the Jungfrau region in August. I will be having a Swiss Travel Pass. I’m trying to get a total price on the following itinierary: Grindenwald-Mannlichen by Gondola, hike to Kleine Scheidegg, Train to Jungfraujoch, then back down to Lauterbrunnen. I’ve checked the Mannlichen website and it seems they have a price quote for 94 CHF with SwissPass, but I’m not certain. I’m wondering if anyone has information that can help? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 0:26:18 #862921

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I will be having a Swiss Travel Pass. I’m trying to get a total price on the following itinierary: Grindenwald-Mannlichen by Gondola, hike to Kleine Scheidegg, Train to Jungfraujoch, then back down to Lauterbrunnen. I’ve checked the Mannlichen website and it seems they have a price quote for 94 CHF with SwissPass, but I’m not certain. I’m wondering if anyone has information that can help?

That discount price doesn’t seem quite right, as it is applying a 50% discount for the whole trip, which is not correct for people using the Swiss Travel Pass. (It is also for a return to Grindelwald Grund, rather than going down to Lauterbrunnen.)

Note that the gondola to Männlichen from the Grindelwald side goes from Grindelwald Grund, not Grindelwald. Unless you are walking to Grindelwald Grund, you will need to account for the fare from Grindelwald to Grindelwald Grund as well. It’s not much.

Discounts with Swiss Travel Pass:

Grindelwald to Grindelwald Grund – train – 25%

Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen – gondola – 50%

Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch – train – 25%

Jungfraujoch to Wengen – train – 25%

Wengen to Lauterbrunnen – train – free

You can do your own calculations using the Jungfraubahnen Price List, which you will find here:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Jungfraubahnen _Fahrpreise_Preisliste .pdf

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 3:27:01 #862922

Alpenrose, Thank you very much. That attachment was most helpful. Now, just to clarify, It says on the pricelist that Klein Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch round trip is 128, so discounted by 25% is 96. Klein Scheidegg to Wengen is 24 minus 25% is 18 and Grindenwald Grind to Mannlichen is 30 – 50% is 15. Wengen to Lauteebrunnen is free… Just to confirm… Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 3:28:55 #862923

So altogether 129

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 22:45:03 #862924

>> So altogether 129

Yes, if you are not taking the train from Grindelwald to Grindelwald Grund to connect with the gondola to Männlichen.

If you do take the train, it will be an additonal CHF 3, so CHF 132 altogether.

Enjoy your trip!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Trying to plan mannlichen-jungfraujoch trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.