Son turns 6 during Swiss trip – issue with tickets

• ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    2 May 2018 at 20:58:08 #815687

Hello,

I have just realised that my little kid will be turning 6 during the validity of our travel passes. We will have Bernese Oberland passes starting on august 8th until august 15th. Our son will turn 6 on 11th of august. Do we need to buy him the children’s travel pass?

Thank you very much,

Ioana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 May 2018 at 22:20:15 #883961

As long as he is under 6 when the pass starts he should be OK. That’s how it works with the Swiss Travel Pass. It should be the same for the BO Pass but it might be worth checking when you get there. It will only cost CHF30 for a top-up at worst case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 5:37:49 #883962

Hi Ioana,

As long as he is under 6 at time of purchase.

The only time I can see them ever checking his age is at time of purchase anyway (unless your son looks 10!) 🙂

ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    3 May 2018 at 9:39:03 #883963

Thank you very much for your answers!

Ioana

• The thread ‘Son turns 6 during Swiss trip – issue with tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.