Two days in Davos area and two days near Lugano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2014 at 13:42:27 #806369

Hi,

I want to spend 4 days in Switzerland (based in Davos and Lugano) and a few days in Northern Italy (the lake region), with my wife and 14 year old daughter. We like to walk and experience beautiful scenery – especially mountains and bodies of water (lakes and rivers). Suggestions are most welcome in these two areas.

I especially want to know if we should experience one of the unique train rides. If so, which?

I (we) get to Switzerland often so no need to cram too much in.

Thanks, Eric

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 May 2014 at 6:15:39 #839972

Hi Eric,

There are two scenic routes that may fit your plans. Please see the Wilhelm Tell Express page and Bernina Express page for details. Regarding Graubünden (Davos), please see this page, it lists several suggestions for hiking too. Most trails listed there are not in the immediate surroundings of Davos, but there will be plenty of opportunities, assuming you’ll be there in Summer. Especially July through September is great for hiking.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2014 at 6:44:41 #839973

Thanks so much!

• The thread ‘Two days in Davos area and two days near Lugano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.