Can I visit Mt.Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis in 2 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 15:34:19 #812897

We will be in Lucerne for two days and are wondering if we can visit Rigi, Titlis and Pilatus in two days. Alternatively if we have to drop one of them, which one should we drop. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 16:24:15 #868113

Hi SnigdhaAvi Welcome to MySwissAlps and thanks for starting a new thread!

It’s hard to say which of the three mountains you should drop. I think, often, people choose Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi out of the 3 but everyone is different. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip from Luzern to each mountain.

You could certainly visit all 3 in two days if you want to though – I would plan on a 1/2 day for each mountain top. If you would like to read more about what to do at each mountain click on the following links:

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 8:53:51 #868114

In fact we have three days / four nights, reaching Luzern on 21st afternoon and leaving on 25thmorning by Golden Pass at 8:52 am.

In three days we would like to see three mountains (Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis) , take Gotthard express (first two legs) and visit Stanserhorn. We would highly appreciate if you can guide us on how best it can be achieved, apart from local sight seeing in Luzern.

We are thinking of buying Tell Pass that makes all these trips free. Is there a better option in terms of cost etc.

Thank you,

Avinash Agtawa

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 16:14:26 #868115

Hi Avinash,

Visiting those 3 mountains is quite simple from Luzern. You can use the timetable link I gave you on my last post to find the best schedule for you on the date you want to travel.

The Gotthard Panorama Express also starts in Luzern and I assume by the first two legs will will go as far as Bellinzona and then return to Luzern or you are going elsewhere? The first leg is a ship from Luzern that departs at 11:12 every day in August and arrives in Bellinzona at 15:54 (by train).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Can I visit Mt.Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis in 2 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.