When do Swiss rail pass promotions usually happen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 17:37:44 #814240

I understand that it’s only speculation, but if I’m planning a trip for the first two weeks in September, when should one typically expect to see Swiss Travel Pass promotions being offered for that time period? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 9:44:59 #875575

Hi HeyYou and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If I remember correctly there were some promotions last year around March…You can keep an eye on our promotions page here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 17:14:10 #875576

Awesome. Thank you.

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    4 February 2018 at 17:42:51 #875577

Hi Was just checking the passes and noticed the longest is now 15 days but I couldn’t find the saver feature for those travelling together. Does it still exist? Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 17:46:24 #875578

Hi Ruedi,

No, unfortunately that isn’t offered anymore by SBB.

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    4 February 2018 at 18:12:14 #875579

Thank you Lucas,

Very sorry to hear that. I’ve been off the boards for some time. The last was when there was a discussion about how difficult it has become with only a 15 day rail pass compared to the month we used to enjoy.

Getting a little older and finding the costs seem to keep going up!!

My wife and I are going on May 24 until June 28th of this year. We are taking our two children for two weeks to see homeland. We will be taking them to Venice for two days towards the end of their two weeks with us.

Then we will spend we will go to our favorite spots and tour. Just prior to flying home from Zurich I have promised to take her to Cinque Terra for 4 days.

Could you offer your suggestions for the travel passes we should get for our trips? Used to be so simple with the one month plan and then we could add a Eurorail pass to cover Italy.

Would we be better to use Eurorail for all of it.

thank you!

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 February 2018 at 18:13:27 #875580

Hi Ruedi,

Prices for all travelers, traveling single or as a group, are now at the former Saver level. So no loss here, it’s only the name that has changed and an advantage to single travelers.

Please see here for alternatives if you stay longer than 15 days: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/details

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    4 February 2018 at 18:21:19 #875581

Well that is good news!! thank you so much..sometimes makes all the difference knowing all of the facts!!

• The thread ‘When do Swiss rail pass promotions usually happen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.